Weekly accomplishements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In the adult gymnasts forum there's a thread going on discussing what they accomplished this week so i thought i would start one in the gymnasts forum..

So..what did you accomplish this week?
and what are your goals for next week?

this week i got my full really good, tight and consistent for the first time

and my goal for next week is to move my BHS up to a higher beam (but not THE high beam lol, not ready for that :)...yet)

I turned my FHS on beam into a one-legged landing into a scale. Very pretty coupled with the preceding front walkover.

Next week...fix whatever I screw up on at my meet. :p

This week I FINALLY got my round off, bhs, double pikes on floor by my self!!!
As for neext week I am hoping to stick a full floor routine.

THis morning:

I landed (on a mat in a pit) a new vault which has NEVER BEEN DONE before. Ever. By anybody (at least to my knowledge). It isn't in the code, and there are no rules barring it.

My goal is to get it on a competition landing surface in time to compete it in January.

EDIT:

This week I FINALLY got my round off, bhs, double pikes on floor by my self!!!
As for neext week I am hoping to stick a full floor routine.
Nice! I always love watching double pikes.

Last edited:
THis morning:

I landed (on a mat in a pit) a new vault which has NEVER BEEN DONE before. Ever. By anybody (at least to my knowledge). It isn't in the code, and there are no rules barring it.

My goal is to get it on a competition landing surface in time to compete it in January.

EDIT:

Nice! I always love watching double pikes.

Congratz on the new vault! After you compete it I would love to see it!

Thanks! If I wouldn't have stuck 6 of them today I don't know what I would have done with myself! I was getting tired of falling backwards of landing on my knees, etc.

This week I just worked on cleaning up most of my tumbling because high school gymnastics just started.
Next week my goal is to stick lots of double turns on beam and to move my ariel up to the middle beam!

On mini tramp i got my flic, flic walkout and back tuck and i havent done them in 6months
and i did them perfectly = ]

next week i plan to full twist forwards and or 1/2 twist backwards !!!

This week i did front walkovers on beam and flyaways into the pit (I have major fear issues with those).

Next week I want to work on BHS on low beam and front tuck off. And more flyaways on bars.

Awesome everyone!
I got my 1/1 twist on floor and i did giants( which i havn't done for ages)And then i have to fix whatever i stuff up on at my comp

I stuck my full turn dismount on Bars for the first time tonight!
And I got my 1/2 tuck jump on balance beam(well, I actually stuck it last week)!
Next week, mostly just improving these skills.

I finally got my cast handstand back today (it went on vacation for a few weeks... our gym was closed for awhile, and I was having trouble getting back into the "swing" of things). I'm also resurrecting an old beam dismount, although right now I'm just doing cartwheel layouts. Unfortunately, I am very dismount-challenged, so I'm hoping to compete a cartwheel full by the beginning of the season and a cartwheel 1 1/2 by nationals.

Comp was ok. I did better than I expected, but messed up my bars routine, so that's what I want to work on, specifically my high bar.

I did my kip for the first time yesterday! I was so excited. :)
Congrats! I'm still a long way off for my kip.

:beam:Cartwheels on beam have significantly improved, they have been the bane of my gym existence,
I have not been able to get them in years!:no: But I got some valuable advice, and am hoping they are good enough to do on the beam soon!(I've just been doing them on the floor beam for now)

I did a double pieroutte last night! I was so stoked :)

Next week, I'm hoping to be able to do my bar mount (I jump from the low bar to high bar to start). I haven't been able to do that because of ankle but my coach said we'll try it next week. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back