WAG Weird attire at worlds

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I love watching big comps online because in the US they pretty much only focus on the US competitors and run commercials. It was a strange site to see some of the things people wear from other countries! What is with the holes in shoulders leos? And the retro 80's beam shoes on floor and the weirdest the little Chinese girl that wore socks during her floor routine!?? Just out there!

How about the Chinese gymnast (I think) who used the Bonanza music for her floor routine? I definitely did a double take on that one.

I also noticed the beam shoes on the Greek gymnast. I think the commentators said she was 29. I am in awe of someone that age making the AA finals at Worlds. Very cool!

I totally missed the socks on the Chinese gymnast. I was trying to figure out how that tiny girl was 17...

How about the Chinese gymnast (I think) who used the Bonanza music for her floor routine? I definitely did a double take on that one.

I also noticed the beam shoes on the Greek gymnast. I think the commentators said she was 29. I am in awe of someone that age making the AA finals at Worlds. Very cool!

I totally missed the socks on the Chinese gymnast. I was trying to figure out how that tiny girl was 17...

You need to get better playback equipment. Mine's not all that good either, but if it was I bet I could zoom in on those socks and find Ariel, My Little Pony, or Dora The Explorer :eek:...... maybe even all three:eek::eek::eek:.

Most likely matching her size 3T Dora undies. Seriously why would you wear socks on floor? Wouldn't you lose traction? And is it even allowed?

yeah wearing socks is allowed i think, we asked my coach who is a high level judge and she said it is allowed with no deduction :)

Nobody will ever convince me that gymnast was 17...more like 13!

If my oldest dd continues competing in gymnastics when she is 17 then she will have the same issue with people not believing she is the age she is, she is 9 years old (10 in December) and she is 106 cm tall - average height of 4- 5 year old, she doesn't even get charged on the bus, she will be lucky to reach 4ft 6 when she is older.

agree that the chinese thing is much more than height.

i know it's unkind, but i was watching AA's from work online, and DH and DD @ home. when i saw the 1st young chinese girl fall on beam, i texted that Mustafina now had a chance @ the podium. DH said it must have been her pull up that put her off balance.

so also included in strange attire - yah the holes in the shoulder leo wasn't working for me, but hey, it's italian - was the leo that was unbuttoned on the floor. don't know what gymnast as i was being interrupted at work constantly during the stream. really, you expect me to work friday afternoon during worlds AA?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back