Weird Gym Drama

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

*WARNING: MAJOR RANT**So my gym recently got a new head coach of the women's program. She's been working there for a while, coaching our highest level girls, but she is not a very nice person...she coached a group for a while with a wide age and level range, in which she would go whole practices without speaking to the older girls (16) and lower level girls (lvl 5). Now she;s in charge of the whole program, and this way of working with her group has expanded to the way she treats the whole women's program. My group (that i train in) has girls 15 and up from level 4-6.

My friend and I are level 6 working on level 7 skills. Anyway, there was a meeting for all the women's competetive parents, except for ours. There was a meeting of all the female competetive athletes, except for us. I'm starting to feel like we're being pushed out of the program. (I might also mention that my friend and I also had the best results of the whole program at provincials last year). As well, we have a tradition (not rule, but it is pretty well followed) that everyone keeps their floor routine for two years, and then gets a new one. I was supposed to get a new routine last year, but didn't. This year I was promised that I would be getting a new floor routine, choreographed by either our head women's coach or another women's coach. Today I found out this is not the case, my male coach will be choreograp[hing it. So basically I am keeping my routine for the fourth year.

I feel royally shafted. We pay about $4000 a year to go to this gym, and work hard like all the other athletes. I'm really sorry for the rant, but I don't know what to do, if anything, or if I should just suck it up. Thanks for listenning!

I'd get your parents involved and request a meeting with the HC and you and your parents. You guys are paying a lot of money and deserve to have your voices heard too!

I agree, it is time to get your parents in to the gym for a meeting with the HC. I assume as you are in Ontraio that you have a board or commmittee that runs the club. If so the head of that should be included in any meeting as they pay the salaries of the HC.

I agree too. Tell your parents how you feel and make an appointment with the HC, Parents and you to voice your concerns.

Keep in mind your looking at it from a gymnast point of view not a coaches. So there may be very good reasons as to why things are going the way they are that your not aware of.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back