Welcome, new members! Read this first

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Hello, all, and welcome to the Chalk Bucket. I'm going to try to answer some of the common questions I've seen asked, as well as provide a primer of sorts so you can get right into the community.

The Staff
JBS is the main administrator and founder. He handles all the big behind the scenes stuff (ie hosting, forum organization, bug fixes, etc).

Bogwoppit and I are the assistant admins. We run the day to day stuff, and generally do our best to keep the site free of spammers, drama, and other such unpleasant things.

In addition, we have a number of individual forum moderators. They help us keep the spam and drama under control. You can see the complete list of staff here.

The Rules
Forum Rules. Read them, know them, love them. In addition to these rules, you must also comply with all moderator instructions regarding behavior on these forums. When it comes to banning people from the forums for failing to follow rules or moderator instructions, we are unabashedly trigger-happy.

Internet Safety Rules and Things to Keep in Mind when Posting. The internet is a very dangerous place. We do what we can to make the chalkbucket as safe as possible, but just the same, there are certain precautions everybody should take. These apply to EVERYBODY, not just kids.

Other Useful Threads
Articles on Motivation in Children. Kids don't come with instruction manuals; the better coaches and parents understand the psychology of motivation, the better we can serve our kids.

The Floor Music Recommendation Thread. Just what it sounds like.

Articles on Nutrition and Diet for Gymnasts. Again, pretty self-explanatory.

The Lingo
DD: Darling Daughter
DS: Darling Son
HC: Head Coach
OP: Original Poster
(there's probably a lot more that we've become so fluent in that we don't realize we use it -- I'll add more as I think of it)

Member Groups
In order to post in the sections assigned to gymnasts, parents, or coaches, you must join the corresponding member group. To do this, mouse over your name in the top right corner, and click "join user groups."
In order to post in the private coach forum, you need to become a verified coach; more on that here

More to come as necessary.

And once again, welcome to the Chalk Bucket!

Last edited:
Thanks for the site and the info, I'm still learning about the site and posts etc. --I was wondering what DD meant, I surmised that it was something like that but wasn't sure. I didn't know about the Chatbox either thanks.

heey yea im getting used to it too.....its a bit confusing but maybe its just me:p

thanks but....

thanks 4 the info but i was wonndering how to post something? :confused:

You have posted three times! Maybe you want to post in the gymnast forum and you haven't joined that group. Read the first post again, you will find the answer there.

Hi

We are new to competitive gymnastics. And I'm so glad I found your forum - looks like an amazing wealth of information. Thank you for doing this.

AV

Updated the first post to include our newest staff members and updated instructions on how to join member groups.

Hello, i'm new to the chalk bucket and just working out how to do things!!

I live in Great Britain and am a mum to a 13year old gymnast,(my dd is FIG level). I came across this website the other day browsing the web.

Hello, all, and welcome to the Chalk Bucket. I'm going to try to answer some of the common questions I've seen asked, as well as provide a primer of sorts so you can get right into the community.

The Staff
JBS is the main administrator and founder. He handles all the big behind the scenes stuff (ie hosting, forum organization, bug fixes, etc).

Bogwoppit and I are the assistant admins. We run the day to day stuff, and generally do our best to keep the site free of spammers, drama, and other such unpleasant things. If you have issues with another member or if you want to report a spammer, we're the ones to talk to.

gymnastbeth, Optionals United, and Mariposa are our moderators for the gymnast and parent sections.

The Rules
Forum Rules. Read them, know them, love them. In addition to these rules, you must also comply with all moderator instructions regarding behavior on these forums. When it comes time to ban people from the forums for failing to follow the rules or moderator instructions, Bog and I are unashamedly trigger-happy.

Internet Safety Rules and Things to Keep in Mind when Posting. The internet is a very dangerous place. We do what we can to make the chalkbucket as safe as possible, but just the same, there are certain precautions everybody should take. These apply to EVERYBODY, not just kids.

Other Useful Threads
Articles on Motivation in Children. Kids don't come with instruction manuals; the better coaches and parents understand the psychology of motivation, the better we can serve our kids.

The Floor Music Recommendation Thread. Just what it sounds like.

Articles on Nutrition and Diet for Gymnasts. Again, pretty self-explanatory.

The Lingo
DD: Darling Daughter
DS: Darling Son
HC: Head Coach
OP: Original Poster
(there's probably a lot more that we've become so fluent in that we don't realize we use it -- I'll add more as I think of it)

Member Groups
In order to post in the sections assigned to gymnasts, parents, or coaches, you must join the corresponding member group. To join a member group, click "my profile" in the top right corner, scroll down until you see the box in the sidebar on the left that says "Permission Groups," and click "Join Groups."

More to come as necessary.

And once again, welcome to the Chalk Bucket!

Hi everyone. My name is Tania and I am from Cape Town South Africa. I was the SA National champion [1984], the National Coach for WAG in SA for 10 years, and now I run my own business-delivering School Based Gymnastics Programmes to Schools in South Africa. I created the Curriculum, the coaches training system and I also teach coaches how to run highly lucrative gymnastics businesses. I am really happy to have found this community and hope I can serve and assist and be assisted![video=youtube;wV-SDFfXoh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV-SDFfXoh8[/video]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back