Parents Welcome to level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iggy1988

So Cait had her first and last level 6 meet today. She had to score at least a 31.00 AA to move to level 7. She really hadn't prepared as hard as normal due to the TOPs training lately but she had a pretty good day...

First up was bars which is notoriously rough in level 6. She was 4th in her group and the first three scores were in the high 6's. I was pretty worried. She went and a had a very good routine and scored a 8.1 which was 5th overall. First place was only an 8.7

Beam was next which is usually a strong event. Usually!! Bobbles from the get go, fought through it and finished with a 8.550. She was disappointed but it was good enough for 5th overall

We move onto floor and after a long, long wait. I had a hotdog and some french fries... Fries were good. :D:D Jen had water..... No wonder she is skinny...
Excellent routine, good form... 9.325. 2nd overall

Vault - another strong event usually and she didn't disappoint. Excellent pop, great shape... 9.275 1st overall.

AA 35.250 for 5th overall. She needed a 31 got a 35.. On the way out, coach said welcome to Level 7, see you at practice tomorrow. Monday was not a practice day for her before. Apparently it is now...:D:D

All in all a good day. Cait was a little disappointed in beam but she is excited to be in level 7..

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!! What a way to score out of L6, what big scores for her first/last L6 meet. Good for her. I am sure she will do great at L7 and have a blast. Congrats to her!! Can't wait to hear all about her L7 training. :)

Holy moly huge scores for a first meet in L6, we all know how tough those judges can be! Cait did a great job and moving on to L7 tomorrow is awesome.

Mmm french fries or water, tough choice!

WOW - great day for Cait, I bet she has a blast at practice tomorrow.

I would have been eating the hot dog and french fries with you :D

Congratulations Cait!! What terrific scores for that notoriously low scoring level. Especially given that the focus of her training has been elsewhere.

She has worked so hard over the past few months and it's now paying off. It's beautiful to watch what can be accomplished with some God given talent, nurturing parents and huge amounts of intrinsic motivation. I think we'll be hearing a lot about Cait in years to come, and I don't think this board will be the only source.

Good for you Cait! We're proud of you, and welcome to Level 7!!!

Great News about the French Fries! Oh and the 35 too! :)

Personally, Taco in a Bag is my fav mid meet snack..

Level 7 will be a blast for Cait! Good luck!

I think Sean forgot about the HUGE gourmet, almond- and pistachio-filled chocolate bar I had! (Oh, and I managed to nab a few of those fries, although I did drink way too much water, which didn't help my go-to-the-bathroom-every-hour nervous reaction syndrome.) ;) :D

Kristilyn, I also look forward to walking tacos! Yum!

Gotta go . . . All this talk about food is making me hungry now.

Before I go, remember the thread about how nerves affect us parents at meets and that my legs ached for each meet last year? They didn't ache today! Hurray! Let's see how I am for level 7, though . . .

way to go!!! Level 6 is tough... now she gets her own music and don't have to listen to the same over and over...that is what I liked anyway..lol. Hope she has a great Level 7 season!!!!

Congrats to her on a great L6 score out meet! Awesome! I am sure she is looking forward to L7!

Way to go Cait!!

That is just awesome how she did in her first/last L6 meet. She must be walking on air.

Holy smokes...way to go out in style. Good luck with your L7 season....you are soooo lucky to only have to hear the L6 music for one meet:D

Mmm french fries or water, tough choice!

Isn't it though??

WOW - great day for Cait, I bet she has a blast at practice tomorrow.

I would have been eating the hot dog and french fries with you :D

I believe I made the correct choice, although you should have seen Jen wolf down the fettucini alfredo at dinner after the meet

Congratulations Cait!! What terrific scores for that notoriously low scoring level. Especially given that the focus of her training has been elsewhere.

She has worked so hard over the past few months and it's now paying off. It's beautiful to watch what can be accomplished with some God given talent, nurturing parents and huge amounts of intrinsic motivation. I think we'll be hearing a lot about Cait in years to come, and I don't think this board will be the only source.

Good for you Cait! We're proud of you, and welcome to Level 7!!!

Thanks CGM, she has worked very hard. I shared a lot of these comments with her. She was excited to hear them.

btw, Jen is the nurturing one but I am trying to be better... :)

Sean

Holy smokes...way to go out in style. Good luck with your L7 season....you are soooo lucky to only have to hear the L6 music for one meet:D

You are right Dad, the new music was already starting to get on my nerves.....:)

Sean

Way to go Cait! I love how you guys get to score out of levels. Cait is probably at her first level 7 practice right now. I hope she loves every minute of it! Cait enjoy getting your vey own floor routine, no more compulsaries for you. Best of luck in level 7!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back