WAG Well after running music all day yesterday....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I have to say not only is the new compulsory music awful in it's entirety and having to go back and forth between peoples "selections" stinks. I personally want to thank whomever made the "violin" version of the level 3 music. The part where they do the hand stand tick tock thing where the violin just SCREECHES like nails on a chalkboard is truly AWESOME! I kind of want to claw my ears off. And thank you to the gyms that selected one of the other versions! Maybe I am just going insane after 12 hours of playing it. That is all.

I have to say not only is the new compulsory music awful in it's entirety and having to go back and forth between peoples "selections" stinks. I personally want to thank whomever made the "violin" version of the level 3 music. The part where they do the hand stand tick tock thing where the violin just SCREECHES like nails on a chalkboard is truly AWESOME! I kind of want to claw my ears off. And thank you to the gyms that selected one of the other versions! Maybe I am just going insane after 12 hours of playing it. That is all.

LOL You are a trooper for doing it all day long. Dds gym is hosting a meet in November so I too will get to enjoy this floor music for part of the day lol.

I agree. that violin is awful. They are all bad, but that is just impossible to listen to! Our gym makes the girls do all 3 so they are familiar, but that one is just too much to take!

We had a mock meet yesterday and I was so thankful L3 didn't do the music (I assume they hadn't practiced with it enough yet ). It's by far the worst of the new music. L4 is ok, the best of the three for sure, and I can stomach L5 even though I think it's way to whiny and depressing for gymnastics routines. But that L3 music really grates on me!

I feel for you, have a nice relaxing Sunday to recuperate!

I set up am taking down and am doing music again today! Ugh! At least there are no level 3's today! :D I do think I deserve a medal though!

So thankful there are no compulsory routines or music here, regardless of level. I couldn't do a flight of it, never mind a day of it. Must be why our L5 and unders compete excel when doing a travel meet to the states!

We had never heard that version of the music until DD's 2nd meet. We thought maybe the CD or music player was stuck at that particular gym. We found out later that was one of several versions that all the gyms get. I'm so glad we don't use that version and I question why anyone would use it.

Personally, I think the Level 5 music would be PERFECT for a circus-themed haunted house! My dd's team refers to it as the "creepy carnival music". Pretty bad when 9 & 10 year olds peg the music as creepy that they have to hear all.year.long! Not looking forward to meet season, lol!

Personally, I think the Level 5 music would be PERFECT for a circus-themed haunted house! My dd's team refers to it as the "creepy carnival music". Pretty bad when 9 & 10 year olds peg the music as creepy that they have to hear all.year.long! Not looking forward to meet season, lol!

LOL! I call the level five music "sad clown" music! It is kind of like "creepy canie" or "creepy clown"!

The violin gives me an instant headache, and I like violin usually!

Just out of curiosity, which selection was most common?

I coach 3s and make them do routines to all 3 versions. However I use the violin the least because I hate that kickover part. It is bad in the flute version too. I like the piano version the most. Lol

I am extremely grateful that none of my 3 gymmies are in compulsory this year. :)
Also grateful to NOT be doing floor music for this year's home meet!
Glad you survived!

LOL our home meet is next weekend and I have to work floor. I'm signed up for the 5/6/Xcel session so I'm hoping it won't be to bad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back