Well that's a bummer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twoofthem

We have a girl we are sending to the Netherlands for Worlds and she blew her knee out. She is still going to go but chances are very slim she will compete. It's really too bad, she is such a great kid as well as a great athlete. :(

Sorry to hear that. They all work incredibly hard for those assignments. I hope its not too serious.

Oh boy, I have a guess, one who is constantly injured. But I have nothing to back that up. I'm praying that she is not the one I'm thinking of. Actually, I'm praying that its nothing serious, and all is ok. BOG, Dunno, you both know who I'm thinking of. If looking at twitter accounts gives us any ideas, Chelesa, and Alicia have written recently and are in good spirits.

Last edited:
Yup, that is my thought too! Any injuries right now are terrible, the team is not strong enough to be losing members now!

Maybe the OP wil clue us in some more!

When you say, "she is still going to go", you do realise that the team is already in ROtterdam training at this club - Gymnastiekvereniging Pro Patria YOu can see them in the bottom pic!

PLus here are pics of the team arriving :: USA Gymnastics ::

Training pics here THE COUCH GYMNAST

I should add that I am not in the up and up in the upper level gymnastics so I hope I didn't over imply something, lol. The gymnast I am talking about came in 2nd AA at nationals. She also competed in the Nastia Lukin Cup and was picked to go to the Netherlands to represent level 7. She isn't one of the 'team' that was chosen so I hope I didn't come across that way. All I know is she was supposed to go, got hurt on Friday but is still going to travel to the Netherlands. Her name is Shealyn Farley.

Sorry if I came across wrong, not my intent :)

I should add that I am not in the up and up in the upper level gymnastics so I hope I didn't over imply something, lol. The gymnast I am talking about came in 2nd AA at nationals. She also competed in the Nastia Lukin Cup and was picked to go to the Netherlands to represent level 7. She isn't one of the 'team' that was chosen so I hope I didn't come across that way. All I know is she was supposed to go, got hurt on Friday but is still going to travel to the Netherlands. Her name is Shealyn Farley.

Sorry if I came across wrong, not my intent :)

I am glad that we got that all cleared up, because that is way off from what I was thinking and am sure what others were thinking as well!!

It's best to be very careful and more detailed when writing so mix-ups and misunderstandings like this don't happen.

Well that is a relief, glad the confusion was cleared up. Shealyn looks like a beautiful gymnast (from youtube) I hope she gets better soon. And are you talking about maybe Region 7 (instead of level 7)? I know region 5 does an international trip with their top JO Level 10 girls, is this what you are talking about?

I am glad that we got that all cleared up, because that is way off from what I was thinking and am sure what others were thinking as well!!

It's best to be very careful and more detailed when writing so mix-ups and misunderstandings like this don't happen.

Like I said, I don't get all the workings of upper level gymnastics. I posted the info that *I* had and as *I* understood it. She's hurt, she can't do gymnastics and she is going to the Netherlands.

Like I said, I don't get all the workings of upper level gymnastics. I posted the info that *I* had and as *I* understood it. She's hurt, she can't do gymnastics and she is going to the Netherlands.

Sorry :(--I know how difficult it can be to get ideas across in writing.

i didn't comment cause i knew it was nobody from the USA at the elite level chosen to go to worlds.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back