Parents Well we learned a hard lesson today

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD was at the ice rink today playing (like she always does). They have metal railing in the viewing area. I can never get her off the railing she is always practicing shoot throughs and casts on it. It was a battle I got tired of nagging her about. Well I was in the office booking a party and I hear the dreaded scream. DD (4) decided to try her front hip circle on it. :eek: Mind you it has two rails and cinder blocks at the base. Well she landed her forehead on the cinderblocks and had the BIGGEST knot on her head I have ever seen. :eek:uch:I have never been so scared in my life. It looked like a golf ball was coming out of her forehead. We had her checked and she was fine just going to have a nice mark. When I asked her what happened on the way home. She tells me I was just trying to practice my front hip circle. I asked her didn't she realize that was impossible to try on there. She said she didn't notice the second rail or the blocks in her way. :brainiac:

many hours later the swelling is almost gone I would say she is at 80%. She has been flipping around and I guess it hasn't affected her too badly. She is going to have a nice bruise on her head. I do hope she learned her lesson the hard way this time. We shall see we have a hockey game tomorrow and I am wondering if she is going to be attracted to those rails again. I swear she is like a moth to a flame.

Thanks for listening.

That sounds incredibly scary. When our dd was little she fell on the top step (going up) and hit her forehead on the corner of the entry to the kitchen. Same thing -HUGE knot.

I am glad that your dd was not hurt real badly. I wish I could say she will not do anything like that again, but if she is like most of our gymmies they cannot seem to not climb things or swing from things - no matter how many times we try to tell them they should not.

good luck at the hockey game.

Ouch. I am glad she wasn't seriously hurt. My DD uses bars everywhere as well. I hope she at least stays away from the bars for a little while (your DD) but I am also betting she keeps going. They just don't seem to worry about those things and just can't stand not making everywhere a gym. :D

Thank you so much ladies. DD is amazing. She woke up this morning and the swelling is 100% gone and you can't hardly see any bruising either. It just amazed me how well she looked. On the positive she was at the rink today for a hockey game and she stayed away from the rails. So at least for the short term she learned a lesson. We shall see when we have practice this week as to how well she remembers.

Thanks again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back