Parents Went to a college meet tonight...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
with my DD, DDs best friend and her sister and mom. It was a blast. The girls (both gymnasts) got to see a real meet and also some pretty awesome gymnasts. They even got a poster and our home teams girls all signed it. They were sooo excited. I had fun playing around with my camera trying to get cool action shots (no flash).

I can't wait until she gets to go to the meet our gym is hosting coming up. I want her to see what competition for younger ones is like as well. :D She wants to go to another college meet again. Luckily they have 3 more home meets coming up.

That's so funny! We went last night to a college meet too! Saw Rutgers vs. Temple. Amazing how LOUD it was. I guess as the girls get older they really do learn how to stay focused in front of crowds.

Both my dd's are flashing at our local college this weekend. My dd competes on saturday this week and the college meet is on sunday so it's her first chance to go. Three girls from our club are on the team so she really enjoys seeing them compete, and they are such good role models for the young gymnasts. The routines are so good, I know my daughter especially likes watching floor. I think that anyone having a college gymnastics program nearby should go to a meet, it's such an eyeopener about the quality of gymnastics at the college level.

College meets are so much fun! I took a group of gymnasts last year and we had a blast. They are fun, and the college girls really get the crowd "into" the competition. I couldn't believe the skills they were doing and it was neat to see the high scores. Best of all, we could relax and enjoy without the stress of watching our own kids out there. I'd like to go again this year but it seems like all the home meets are scheduled as the same time as my dd's meets. Hopefully we'll make it later this season.

yes they are soo much fun!! we just took my girls to one and they had soomuch fun!! they got posters signed by all the girls (the night before dd#2 birthday) soo They all made a huge deal when they found out is was her birthda it was soo cute!!!

our teams will actually perform at the meet here!! (not till march)

Sounds like a fun night out! I've never had the opportunity to see any high level gymnasts live (outside of the level 9's at Rayna's gym)

I'm hoping to see the Canadian nationals next year, Rayna's desperate to go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back