Parents West central Florida

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I believe Lakewood won every compulsory team level at Florida state this year.
Lakewood Ranch seems to get their girls to peak at States. They also have a habit of having girls repeat levels at compulsory levels despite them scoring in the high 36s to low 38s. They also compete a fair amount of older girls at these levels against other gyms with gymnasts considering younger. And with all that they bring considerably large groups of gymnasts for each level, all of which tends to increase their chances of getting enough higher scores to win championships. It's a formula for success alright, albeit heavy handed.

Your numbers seem off? Looking at the results, Lakewood had over 70 gymnasts at the various compulsory state championships this year. For levels 2, 3, and 4 (they didn't compete 5), one or two repeated per level and at least one was injured. So seven out of seventy which is 10% total. That is rather low, or at least below average.

Your numbers seem off? Looking at the results, Lakewood had over 70 gymnasts at the various compulsory state championships this year. For levels 2, 3, and 4 (they didn't compete 5), one or two repeated per level and at least one was injured. So seven out of seventy which is 10% total. That is rather low, or at least below average.
I don't recall stating the number of girls repeating a level, just said they did. In fact, according to Mymeetscores, 7 of the 24 Level 3 athletes at States had repeated a level in their careers so far and 9 of the 23 Level 4 athletes at States had repeated a level in their careers so far. Most of the repeaters turn out to be mostly the high scorers in their respective State meets. And based on what consensus acceptable to good compulsory scores are for these Levels, none of these girls appear to be gymnasts in need of repeating a level. I'm sure someone more mathematically inclined than myself could chime in on the probabilities of success of bringing more girls with repeated experience of generally older girls to a competition that takes the best three scores of such girls to determine a team championship for compulsory gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back