WAG West Virginia University summer camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I went as a gymnast somewhere around 15 years ago, not sure how much that will help you now. While the staff is totally different, the gym is mostly the same and even by todays standards it's still a very nice facility. Like most college camps, it's very gym focused with a few fun extras- but not the extent you would find at a place like Woodward or IGC.

Thanks coachmolly. We have been to Woodward and that isn't what we are looking for now. My dd is definitely interested in a college camp, but doesn't want to deal with mobs of little compulsory kids and have the older optional girls get lost in the shuffle. WVU has their compulsory camp separate from the optional camp - so that is why it is appealing to her.

Thanks coachmolly. We have been to Woodward and that isn't what we are looking for now. My dd is definitely interested in a college camp, but doesn't want to deal with mobs of little compulsory kids and have the older optional girls get lost in the shuffle. WVU has their compulsory camp separate from the optional camp - so that is why it is appealing to her.
Even way back when the camps were combined they did a really good job of differentiating between groups and working skills appropriately. The more advanced groups got the best coaching staff and were working on the skills they needed for the upcoming season. It was definitely my favorite of the camps I attended.

I took my Level 10 dd about 4 years ago, and she really enjoyed it. They have fun times, but it is definitely a gymnastics-focused camp rather than a camp with gymnastics on the side.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back