Parents What advise do you give you child before they compete?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oldest - It's just a meet, and in the grand scheme of things, matters very little. (She's a ferocious competator.)

Youngest - Go get 'em (she's the gym clown.)

I just always tell her do her best ,have fun,love you and smile the judges would love to see your beautiful smile.I always get an "Oh mom",to the smiling part.

This is a silly family joke, but it always gets a smile when they are nervous. Every time as they walk away from me to the coach for pre-meet warm up I say, "hey you know that vault thing.....just get over it!". we laugh, big DD rolls her eyes and off they go.

Other than that have fun and keep your game face on.
:rotfl:I LOVE that one bogwoppit! Mind if I "borrow" it????

This is a silly family joke, but it always gets a smile when they are nervous. Every time as they walk away from me to the coach for pre-meet warm up I say, "hey you know that vault thing.....just get over it!". we laugh, big DD rolls her eyes and off they go.

Other than that have fun and keep your game face on.

Hate to tell you, Bog, but that one is so good, I think it's become public property now. :D

Cool! Do you give lessons? My kids need a few. :D

I am going to be 43 in a week, it took me that long and two marriages to learn to share nicely. Even then do not even bother asking for the last glass of sauvignon blanc, you ain't getting it.

My kids are just as bad as yours.:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back