Parents What and when to feed my girl

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh. I hadn't for a moment considered that they were an Australian thing. They're just so much part of our culture! :)

Thank you all and keep them coming.

Aussiemom that sounds delish and it will be a wonderful math exercise for me a refresher, for my peanut new to do those conversions. :)

And COz thanks for the links and the tip.

Mine is thankfully a tuna fiend, so a tuna wrap is our go-to for something to eat in the car - lots of calories from the mayo and protein from the tuna, plus a bit of carbs from the wrap and whatever fruit I include, usually an apple. Then after, usually we save her some of whatever the family ate while she was at the gym.

We have about the same schedule as you. I got some divided (3 compartment bento style) glad ware containers to pack a snack before gym. My girls don't like to eat anything heavy before practice. They eat on their way to the gym. I found that these items work best. At their school they eat lunch between 10-11 so I try to always have source of protein:

hard boiled eggs
sliced cheese and ham or pepporoni
salads
chicken bites
sliced apples with peanut butter
black beans and rice
shrimp

In the other two compartments, I also include some type of fruit/applesauce, pretzels, animal crackers and a drink

here is the recipe Ive altered it a bit by removing the thermomix instructions

Thanks for the recommendation - I searched and found the recipe on the thermomix forum (since I have one) and I'm going to make this cake on my day off on Tuesday. Brilliant idea. Alway looking to up the protein for my DD's school lunches and she loves chocolate cake :) My DS (5YO) is actually the worst, sometimes he will eat a single cracker at school then he is super cranky and starving on pick-up - grrrrr just eat something!

Noooooooo .... 'Margo...... You haven't heard of a Thermomix??
<whispers quietly> I want one. Just like I want a coverstitcher.

Thermomix people are kind of like newly religious converts, except they are passionately compelling and it's infectious, you get curious, you think how useful one might be....

You lot out there: Don't tell me to go to a demonstration. I know what will happen, I WILL BUY ONE! I know it's only a matter of time... So I can't go to a demo until I know that the other half won't have a fit.... and I want a cover stitcher first, I think....

YouTube. Thermomix.

The only thing saving me is that I have convinced myself that we eat far too much for it to cope with our gluttonous diet.
Also, I believe that there is only so much butter/sorbet/almond meal one can half in their diet...

Same. Well, not 5 of us. See? This is the reasoning that is saving me. Watch videos of the strange device...

have youtubed and watched a yummy mummy create all sorts of things - still not convinced any of mine would eat most of it

So Little is in the gym M, T, Th 5-7:30 or 5:30-8. They don't really break or snack.

We get in the house from school about 3:45, and it takes about 30 min each way to get to practice.

I sometimes feel like she is just not eating enough or that she is just not up to heavy meals before or after practice, although that depends on the day.

Lately she has been sucking down smoothies, any idea on how to pump up the nutrition on those. I have been using plain yogurt, fruit, milk, honey, some sugar, vanilla or Ovaltine.

Before we need to get homework done and then I try to get some food into her. After pratice, I try to bring a thermos or something to eat, because when we get home its pretty much shower and reading/bed.

I think I may have to adjust my Italian mindset. I feel like if we are not having an actual meal its not enough.

Thanks
LDW

whatever she wants and whenever she wants it. lol she's a gymnast! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back