WAG What are level 9 beam dismounts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello Everyone,
My daughter is a level 9 gymnasts who has suddenly gotten a fear of doing her roundoff full beam dismount. Would a front layout dismount get her a 10.00 SV as long as she has everything else she needs including her bonus combinations? Or would that also have to twist? Thank you

A front layout that comes off of TWO feet is a B and fulfills the B dismount requirement at L9. If it comes off of one foot it is only an A and will not fulfill the requirement.

A front Gainer off the front of the beam is also a B. DD"s teammate does that dismount.
DD Does a front full Twist off the front of the beam.

all gainers go "front". like gainer off the end. or the side. you just say gainer.:)

Easy, the first is not a gainer. It is a aerial to land on two feet.
I just figured those examples were what above posters were referring to as "front" and "back" gainers, so I wanted to post for clarification. While it might seem "easy" to a coach or judge, many see the leg swing commonly associated with a gainer and assume they are all in the same group of skills.

In reading your post, I had a thought... Is the fear the roundoff, the full or the connection of the two. Some girls on our team do round-off full and some do bhs, bhs, full. Maybe that would be less scary for her?! Just an idea!

Last edited:
I'm also struggling with roundoffs, any tips??
Because my coach is NOT tolerating me switching.

Yes I think the issue is twisting. Her coaches have started having her work on a front layout. Is that a B like she needs? They also have had her start working on the round off half and she seems much happier with that. Is that also the required B that she needs? Thank you both for your suggestions!

Yes I think the issue is twisting. Her coaches have started having her work on a front layout. Is that a B like she needs? They also have had her start working on the round off half and she seems much happier with that. Is that also the required B that she needs? Thank you both for your suggestions!

Both would fulfill the requirement for a 'B' dismount.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back