What are the odds of college/university gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
I'm 14 and a level one in amerikids YMCA gymnastics. I've progressed as fast as possible for starting in May. I'm on the competitive team after I made tryouts. They are selective. I got my splits down after hard work in 2 weeks. I'm progressing fast. I will stay in it through highschool. I started at the end of 8th grade. I started originally at 5 and have done it on and off throughout my life. What are the odds of getting on the University of Nebraska gymnastics team? If any odds.

I'm in rather a similar boat as I've been plagued with injuries for the past two years. I'm just under good enough for a NCAA team but am above average for some NAIGC teams that I've seen. I'd day you'd have a shot at a NAIGC team, you can try your hardest for a NCAA team, but honestly I wouldn't get your hopes up too much only to get disappointed later, sorry. Good luck!

My cousin does NAIGC. She was a level 7. She said there are some people on her team that have some tumbling experience but no gym experience (learned tumbling from cheer), and they are doing just fine, learning as they go at their own pace. She loves NAIGC and said it is really laid back and more about having fun than being super competitive. Just make sure the schools you apply to has a team because not all do.

NCAA is not very probable since they really won't look unless you are level 10 or an extremely good level 9, but NAIGC is a very good option!

Can anyone tell me more about NAIGC? If I find the college I want to go to how does it work. I'm coming from a competitive YMCA and will be around a level 4-6. Do I have to be apart of a club first? The website confused me.

Anything is possible if you try, but there isn't an amazing chance that you would get on a college team. Maybe if you worked very hard you could get to a higher level, but even that wouldn't gurantee a spot on a college gym team. Definitely keep striving for your goal though! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back