What are your favorite skills to watch on each event?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

FlipTwistFly28

I thought this would be fun to put on here.. What are your favorite things to watch on each event? Here are mine...

Beam: bhs bhs layout, standing full, bhs bhs full, ondi, switch ring leap, sheep jump, front tuck and pike, full in dismount, double front dismount, triple or double turns

Vault: yurckenko full and double, fronthandspring double front, tsuk double backs, alicia's vault (i can't remember what there called)

Bars: paks, double layout dismount, full in dismount, shawn's dismount (can't remember what thats called either..), giant full, jaeger piked and layout, triple back dismount, full twisting paks

Floor: full in piked, double layout right into a punch front, double layout, double double, triple twist, triple turns, switch ring leaps, most of all the jumps

There's probably other things that I forgot to put on there, but that's most of it!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I pretty like to watch anything elites do that I can't do. I hate watching beam though. It freaks me out because I know they could fall at anytime.

vault - yurckenko 2.5

bars - nothing in particular really..but i love the routines with multiple releases in a row.

beam - standing full

floor- double double

I pretty like to watch anything elites do that I can't do. I hate watching beam though. It freaks me out because I know they could fall at anytime.
There's the chance of falling at anytime on every event. ;) Oh, and Fliptwistfly28, Asac's vault is a front handspring Rudi.

Vault- Amanars!! And Courtney Kupet's vault where she does the yuchenko style entry, half-ons then does a double pike.

Bars: Shaposhnikovas!!!!! And pak saltos. And Onos. Semenova's Thatchev to the giant full is amazing, though.

Beam- Onodis, Rufolvas (sp?) they're where you do the full and land in a straddle on the beam.

Floor: Double twisting double backs, double fronts, triple twists.

Cool post! :)

There's the chance of falling at anytime on every event. ;) Oh, and Fliptwistfly28, Asac's vault is a front handspring Rudi.

Vault- Amanars!! And Courtney Kupet's vault where she does the yuchenko style entry, half-ons then does a double pike.

Bars: Shaposhnikovas!!!!! And pak saltos. And Onos. Semenova's Thatchev to the giant full is amazing, though.

Beam- Onodis, Rufolvas (sp?) they're where you do the full and land in a straddle on the beam.

I like double layouts on floor, too. forgot about those...especially pavlova's...

Vault: Amanars (done properly), anything unusual.

Bars: Comaneci saltos, clean releases. Double layout dismounts. Tkatchev's caught with half twists, shaposhnikovas, endos, casts to handstand.

Beam: Onodis, cool flexibility moves (love Holly Vise's scorpion thing), planches, Domi Moceanu's mount, switch rings, flares, bhs bhs bhs, back full, front full, Patterson dismount, double pike dismount, gainer dismounts.

Floor: Cabrioles, tour jetes, good dance, double pikes, arabians, Ivana Hong's double front, clean twisting, double doubles.

Cool post!

haha yeah but beam has the most chance.

Vault: Amanars (done properly), anything unusual.

Bars: Comaneci saltos, clean releases. Double layout dismounts. Tkatchev's caught with half twists, shaposhnikovas, endos, casts to handstand.

Beam: Onodis, cool flexibility moves (love Holly Vise's scorpion thing), planches, Domi Moceanu's mount, switch rings, flares, bhs bhs bhs, back full, front full, Patterson dismount, double pike dismount, gainer dismounts.

Floor: Cabrioles, tour jetes, good dance, double pikes, arabians, Ivana Hong's double front, clean twisting, double doubles.

Cool post!

Ooh! I forgot on bars I love comaneci saltos too!:p

Floor: Side one-and-three. They just look so beautiful when done cleanly.

Pommels: Flairs and Kehr 1/1s, preferably performed by Sasha Artemev

Rings: Any butterfly variation. I especially loved Yibing's butterfly to Maltese

Vault: the Dragulescu, preferably performed by the man himself; he does it so perfectly, and when he lands it looks like somebody just hit the pause button the stick is so clean.

P-bars: Tippelt

High bar: Either a Liuken (preferably performed by Chris Young) or a Kovacs (preferably performed by Jason Furr)

Uneven Bars: Shaposhkinova full (the one posted on gymnasticscoaching a couple days ago). In fact, I'd say that currently tops my list of "coolest things ever done by anybody."

Beam: Honestly, I find beam to be pretty boring, but I will say that a well-executed back layout stepout is quite beautiful to watch

Last edited:
Beam: Onodis and standing Arabians

Bars: Sharposh full (holy jesus!), Bhardwaj salto, Hindorff, Ricna, Def

Vault: Dragulescu, Amanar, Tsukahara

Floor: Double-double.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back