What are your rates for Private Lessons?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wgagym

Coach
Proud Parent
I have a parent asking about private instruction. I have no idea what an appropriate rate would be. What do you charge?

I coordinate the private lessons for our coaches at our gym, and we charge $25 a half hour and $50 an hour for enrolled members only. HC does not allow nonmembers to do private lessons. I think all this is fairly standard for gyms around here, but really it depends on the coach. Within some gyms u may see a different rate depending on which coach the lesson is with.Now if its a team member really just trying to work out something that has been giving them trouble, our HC won't bother with a private- they will make time during regular workout to pull that kid aside and assist them.

What is your time worth?What skill are they learning?Personally, $45/hr is ok for me for kips, basic tumbling, etc... Something that will be more demanding or long term would be different. Take into consideration what else you would be doing with the time, including the drive to and from the gym for that 1 hour.

$25/half hour or $30/half hour depending on the experience level of the coach.
$40/hour or $50/hour.

$30 for half an hour, $50 for an hour, but I tend to offer free privates with some frequency, usually as a "thank you" for something the parents helped out with (ie they bring me snacks and drinks at the gym, help out with meets, helped me with my taxes, etc).

Last edited:
$30 for half an hour, $50 for an hour, but I tend to offer free privates with some frequency, usually as a "thank you" for something the parents helped out with (ie they bring me snacks and drinks at the gym, help out with meets, helped me with my taxes, etc).

Yes...I do lots of "trade" privates. If anyone is doing this type of thing, please be sure to clear it with the club owner first.

Interesting. My rates are pretty similar.

I know one parent that I probably took a lot of trade in hunted meat for and it would have been worth it!

In truth, I try to keep private rates fairly low as I don't feel like gouging parents and quite often I only do privates for tumblers and gymnasts I find worth it. It's that I don't feel like I'm not worth it but quite honestly I just do not have a lot of time to make money at them as some coaches do and find I get burnt out if I were to try to turn them into a money factory machine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back