What colour brace is less noticable?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Because of an annoying ankle injury that just keeps on coming back, I'll be ordering an ASO ankle brace.

Which colour is less noticable in competitions- white or back? I'm pretty fair so I thought white, but it would look so dirty and sweaty and gross! Opinions please?

Whitein my opinion would be mor noticeable. Because its not a color you see very often; and when they get dirty it shows more.
I would do black, because that's what I would wear; and it's not as boticible as you think even if you are fair skinned; besides no ones gonna look at your brace. They want to see you doing gymnastics!

can u get skin colour(ish)?
dd had only white and (disclaimer - i wasnt there!) decided to put fake tan on it to make it skin colour for a competition! lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

you should check around because they do come in flesh tones too. Both are noticable depending on your skin tones. My DD is very very pale and the white would be my choice if I only had white and black to choose from but I think I would give it a TEA bath and dye it to a tan color. You just take 4 cups of water boil it up with about 8 tea bags. Once its doing a good boil let it boil for about 5 - 10 m in then turn off heat and put in the white brace. stir it around a bit and keep checking on it until its the tanish color you are looking to match. (can you tell I've done it before ;-) ).

Don't get white! I had a white one and the bottom turned disgustingly brown and dirty and the inside became yellowy from sweat. It was so gross! Definitely get black or some other color.

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll go with black and put beige pre wrap or something on top so it's not as noticable to the judges!

I think I would give it a TEA bath and dye it to a tan color. You just take 4 cups of water boil it up with about 8 tea bags. Once its doing a good boil let it boil for about 5 - 10 m in then turn off heat and put in the white brace. stir it around a bit and keep checking on it until its the tanish color you are looking to match. (can you tell I've done it before ;-) ).

This is what I was thinking and was wondering if it would work!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back