Coaches what do you charge for private lessons?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

and what price range do you think is appropriate, based on coaching experience? do you offer both a half hour or an hour price, and you get a little bit better price for the hour? i am just curious because i'm at a really new (a little over a year old) gym and it's pretty small in comparison to some of the other gyms i've worked at, but i hadn't done privates until this gym, so i'm not sure on the prices and if most coaches offer an hour OR a half hour, or choose from either? thanks!

Our club charges 40$/hour. I don't think we offer half hour privates... The coach is paid more (20 or 25$/hour) when it's a private compared to the usual salary.

Rec/Compulsory Coach

1/2 hour - $25
1 hour - $40

Optional Coach

1/2 hour - $30
1 hour - $50

Ours is $60/hr or $40 for half an hour, our kids are in the gym alot so I rarely if ever do them. Only if the occasional kid comes to me and asks.

Our I guess is super cheap! 1/2 hour is $20, full hour is $35. Doesn't matter which coach, but I do know your own coach gets first dibs if you want a private and if he/she can't do it you can ask any of the other coaches. I do know for a few kids they have done 45 min. privates, not sure what they charge for those I would guess $30.

Our club charges 40$/hour. I don't think we offer half hour privates... The coach is paid more (20 or 25$/hour) when it's a private compared to the usual salary.

so are you saying at your gym, the full price doesn't go to the coach? i don't know how it is at other gyms, but our gym has me charge super cheap :/ , but it goes all to me via cash or personal check in my name. so maybe i shouldn't feel bad?

The coach gets most of it. I think they get like 20 out of the 35 for the hour. The owner figures she has to light/heat/cool the building while the private is going on usually before classes begin. Plus $20 an hour isn't too shabby! I have my own feeling on privates for kids but our otherwise min. wage coaches make bank off them.

We charge $50 for an hour and $30 for a half. Coaches get paid $25 an hour for them.

My thought is we provide the facility,equipment, the lighting heating/cooling. We also pay the credit card transaction fees as well as the payroll taxes/insurance. There are a lot of costs associated with running a business and everything has to profitable.

I work in a rec/city gym and we charge $30 for a half hour and $45 for a full hour. The coaches get paid 70% but they are also allowed to change the price if they would like

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back