DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnasticsbabie

so me and gymgymgymnast08 were talking about this, and i was wondering:
1. does anyone work out at home?
2. if so what?
3. how often

im curious to see how many people do gymnastics outside of the gym!
just wondering :)

When I did gym I uesd to do gymnastics all the time outside of gym, until about my freshman year of high school---then I took up rock climbing.

Yeah MAN! I run and just like flip at home haha. Sometimes if im inspired I'll do pullups. But I guess gymnasticsbabie you already know that. haha

oh and hammy I love rock climbing! Theres a gym near me so I'll go sometimes when I don't have gymnastics or anything.

Yes, I work out at home. I will do like crunches or push-ups in my room. When my BFF comes over we go for bike rides and we like to take walks. Sometimes I'll run around with my dog at the park too. I haven't as much lately but before I had a work-out all planned out and I did it every day to get strength back because I was hurt. (I broke all 10 toes, my left ankle, and I had bone bruising in both heels- landed on cement after RO 3 BHS Back tuck if you were wondering) I am going to start running on the weekends because I joined track.

I forgot to say how often. I don't really have as much time anymore. I have track, cheerleading, ASB (I'm VP for my class), key club, yearbook, and gymnastics. Plus my homework which has been fairly light lately, lucky me!

my mom grounded me from gymnastics for the months of sept and oct and i was seriously going through withdrawl symptoms! i have a beam, a trampoline and a mat at home so i got my back walkover by myslef on beam, got my 1 1/2 twist on the tramp and practiced my leaps and turns a whole lot a couple hours a day, and that was with volleyball! SO i went back to gymnastics feelin pretty goooood! lol jk

I only do gym 2/3 times a week. I work out tues/thurs/sat/sun right now, but track starts in a week, so it'll be every day. I lift weights, run and bike for now. Pilates sometimes too.

i work out everyday for 3 hours outside of gymnastics. it helps to keep my body in good shape and helps prevent me from getting injuries.

3 hours!!!! :eek: thats a lot! how much do you workout in the gym?? what level are you and what could you possibly do for 3 hours!

My daughter works out M-F 6-8 am and 2:30-6pm and sat. 8-12 during the school year and 8-3:30 M-F over the summer. I don't know how she could fit more in at home. She does follow a workout schedule during family vacations. When she was younger she flipped where ever she could find the space but now she doesn't want to risk injury so tumbling outside the gym is rare.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back