What Do you hear the most???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
What's the thing you hear most from your coach/gymnast/parent??

From my...
Coach: Stay tighter
Me: Yes coach. (he has a shirt that says that)

Parents: Good job!

Teammates: That skills is cool! (something like that before we continue some non-gymnastics conversation)

My coach always says: 'don't chuck your head back' 'hold' 'squeeze' but i think the most common thing is 'cover your ears' i swear to god if i here her say that one more time....

Yes!!! At last!!! The final piece to the puzzle. Since joining a few months ago I've been trying to figure out who's who on chalk bucket. 2020, your post "Thanks for the payment" is conclisive evidence that in reality, you are dunno, and dunno is you!!:eek: :D

STOP TRIPPING OVER MATS YOU WILL BECOME AN INSURANCE LIABILTY

Just stop thinking

I appreciate the fact that you're fearless, but please don't.chuck a flyaway full because someone said you can't do it. ( I only heard this once from coach but I thought it was funny)

STOP RUSHING

EXTEND THROUGH YOUR LEGS

YES YOU WERE UNDERSCORED GET OVER IT

Coach: "Chest up" - on my front tumbling and vaults. Yes, thank you, coach, if that piece of advice worked it would have worked the fiftieth time you said it.

Parents: "Wow, I can't believe you went up and flipped like that." (The thing that amazes them most is still punch fronts on floor...even my full twisting beam dismount doesn't shock them as much as a simple punch front.)

Teammates: "At least your leaps are good." Pretty much the only thing I'm good at in gymnastics is leaps. My teammates are very positive people.

"Pull!!!! No, you're pushing the bar away from you!" (kip on bars)
"Squeeze!!!"
"If you don't keep your legs straight/arms straight/whatever I'm gonna throw this at you!" (jokingly)
"Cover your ears! No, not that way! With your shoulders!"
"Hey! Don't smack me in the face!" (I had a problem with wide arms on fhs and kept almost smacking coach)
But the most common one from my coach is:
"You almost gave me a heart attack!!!" (usually directed towards me, since I'm the one doing crazy stuff and then faceplanting)

"Head In!!!" Ugh, one coach is obsessed with this, if you're looking down at the floor AT ALL, even with your eyes, your head is out.

"Stay Tight!"

"Glide Kip, Glide Kip" I try to tap into my long hang kips. Doesn't work well.

The one my 5 yr old hears most..."Cover your ears!" or her personal favorite is monkey arms. I'm sure she'll hear it another thousand times before she's done ;-)

"Hollow! Hollow! Hollow!"

"NO WAY!" and then glares at me when I want to chuck skills that I've never done before

"Try not to straddle the beam."

The thing said most often to my child when she is on bars is... HOLLOW... HOLLOW... HOLLOW!!!

And on vault without a doubt it's... FASTER... FASTER... RUN FASTER!!

And on every event, you will hear KNEES/TOES - KNEES/TOES an ungodly amount of times since the first thing my daughter forgets in any situation is that they are indeed supposed to be straight and pointed :)

"Don't say CAN'T!" (I do... a lot. :()
"You could have stuck that!" (Cartwheels on beam)
"You're crazy."

I love my coaches. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back