What do you think I should do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so here's the deal. A few weeks ago I was invited to my gyms t and t team. I tried it out today; and I loved it! Now here's the problem they practice 4-7 during the fall and I have dance 3:35-5:00 during the whole school year. I love dance, I'm an officer this year, but I would be willing to give it up if I had too. Now here's my real conflict; gymnastics. I'm not on team and I currently go from 5:30-8:30. So it's not a conflict yet. But during the fall I don't know what I would do, I think the fall schedule is about the same so... Conflict! Not only that but my mom says she doesn't want to pay that much. :( What should I do!?!?

That's tough...you're going to have to prioritize what's most important, and work from there. You might have to reduce or even stop some favorite activities, look for alternate hours, and talk it out with your mom about what part she's willing to take. You didn't say if all the activities are on the same day? Good luck and look on the bright side, I don't see boredom anywhere in your future! :D

Is it really a choice for you if mom isn't willing to pay that much for gymnastics?

Gymnastics if you go to team is one of those sports you have to choose over all others activities, including things like spending more time with friends, going to the parties etc.

If time and money are an issue you should look into the PreOp / Excel program. Don't know if your gym has that program but alot do. Its just a different competitive program from the JO program it usually is less of a time commitment and cost less. It might be a good compromise and allow you to do both dance and gym. If there is still a time conflict then you will have to make a choice.

Thanks everyone! Yeah I'm always busy, I'm thinking of quitting dance to do t and t; I'm still stressing about gymnastics though. My gym does not offer prep op.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back