What do you think?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm a level 7 artistic gymnast, but i absolutely love acro. well, i've never done it, but i've always loved watching it and wanted to do it. I just have a few questions. I'm 15, almost 16, is it too late to start? And can anyone tell me the basics of it, like what i need to know about it. What do you think of me taking it up?

well..

Im 15 i just do gymnastics i dont get acro AT ALL! But i sure can tell you that you can do anything u believe in! Just go for it! good luck:)

I do acro and it's amazing! I started when I was just 13-14 and I love it! It's never too late to try! Go for it! I also would love to do artistic someday, but I don't know if it's hard to compete at Worlds or if it's possible to just compete vault and floor there...?

I think you should find out what clubs are within your acceptable travelling distance, look at some of their websites and competition results (if competing acro is what you want!), then get in contact with any that you fancy, and ask if you can come and take a look around - letting them know your gym background. May be see if you can take a trial class or two?

Hi, I'd like to know if you have already decided to try it? I guess you should! :) I'd love to meet someone else in the acro world... I personally think that Artistic is better, but acro is almost as good... :)

I know a guy at our gym (he was on my dd's cheer team when she did that last summer for a few months) and he started acro at the age of 17 with no experience. He is naturally strong and a natural tumbler so it came easy to him. It turned out that him and his pairs partner became national champions this past July in Fl competition. So, it is never too late to start anything. It may take more hard work to get to the end result but itis possible. Good luck!!!

Unfortunately I wanted to try this, but after doing some research I found out that no gyms in my area offer an acro program. Plus with my increased gym time, 4 hours a week of drivers ed, and new job, it would be difficult to fit it in to my schedule. There needs to be more hours in a day!

I definitely agree with you! I'd need at least 40 hours, so I could sleep 10h :)
Anyway, that's sad! Maybe you could look for a gym outside your area so you could try just once...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back