WAG what does final roster mean?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof2gymmies

Proud Parent
When a meet says a final roster is due, what does that mean? Just the names, or names and levels? Our first meet had a final roster due last week. Scratch date is in 2 weeks. It says nothing about level changes on the flyer.

It means that they want to start building the meet schedule and they need names, levels, usag numbers and ages. Some meets don’t allow level changes, some meets do. Level changes can be hard to accommodate so they need the roster to be as final as it can be. That’s maybe why there is no mention of it on the meet flyer.

Scratches can be done right up to the last minute, but they want to know in advance if possible. Can’t tell you how many times we have done this where the coach walks up and hands us their scratches during warm up. Because “life” happens, some kids plan on competing and then...they get sick, they get injured walking in the building, weather issues prevent them getting there, etc.

Reactions: sce
Thank you. DD's coaches have told her that they have not decided her level, but it did change on the usag site. Hoping that means they are just not telling her, if the levels were on the final roster.

Thank you. DD's coaches have told her that they have not decided her level, but it did change on the usag site. Hoping that means they are just not telling her, if the levels were on the final roster.
How does that work so close to a meet, is she practicing both levels of routines?

We had an early roster/level date for Manhattan classic this year. Her coaches were pretty put off by it as they seemed to feel that it might be hard to change levels later but we hadn’t even reached level decision day at our gym. They hadn’t told my dd either way yet, but when I checked usag site, her level had changed. We were officially told she would be moving up last week.

A few years ago my dd had to compete the lower level for the first meet because they weren’t sure about her level and had an early final roster date and the meet wouldn’t change her level. It was fine, she competed the higher level at the next meet.

Early final rosters with level can be a pain. I get it, but they can be a pain.

How does that work so close to a meet, is she practicing both levels of routines?

She is xcel, either gold or platinum. Her routines will be the same whether she moves up or not. Actually, I think she will change bwobhs on beam to just bhs if she stays gold, but other than that, it is little things like cast height, so she is just working on the platinum stuff.

Reactions: sce

Where on the USAG website can you see levels of gymnasts?

She is xcel, either gold or platinum. Her routines will be the same whether she moves up or not. Actually, I think she will change bwobhs on beam to just bhs if she stays gold, but other than that, it is little things like cast height, so she is just working on the platinum stuff.
does she have another acro on beam if she leaves out the bwo? It's crazy to me, but in Gold, they HAVE to do 2 acro, even if one is a bhs... but at Platinum, if they do acro with flight (bhs), they only have to do 1 acro skill.

You can't.

This information is limited to designated Club Administrators (and then only for their club) or Meet Directors with an active sanction and then only for gymnasts entered in that meet.

You can't.

This information is limited to designated Club Administrators (and then only for their club) or Meet Directors with an active sanction and then only for gymnasts entered in that meet.
So you cant see the level of your own gymnast? I think that is what was meant.

It's also possible to look up the USAG info for any USAG ID when you have login with permissions to manage a sanction, though it is tricky to figure out how. It's not clearly labeled.

does she have another acro on beam if she leaves out the bwo? It's crazy to me, but in Gold, they HAVE to do 2 acro, even if one is a bhs... but at Platinum, if they do acro with flight (bhs), they only have to do 1 acro skill.

She has her bwo alone, just not connected to the bhs. She also has her handstand, cartwheel, tic toc and front walk over. Has bwobwo connected. Not sure hwy they are pushing the bwobhs. Last year in gold she did bhs and bwo.

You can look it up if you know their usag number. Both my girls got cards in the mail maybe two years ago, which listed their numbers. Once you create an account you can log in and look. Probably about 90% of parents at our gym do this.

It's also possible to look up the USAG info for any USAG ID when you have login with permissions to manage a sanction, though it is tricky to figure out how. It's not clearly labeled.

Nope, that was in the old system. With the new meet reservation system, you can no longer do that. Trust me, I used that feature a lot and since it is gone, it makes looking up info for a meet more difficult.

Good Luck

I just checked, and I still can do this. Although if I enter the usag number for an athlete that is not valid for my sanction it won't show me that person's level.

I just created an account and password for my dd on usag and it showed me the level her gym registered her as and other info. Nice to know, but I won't be sharing with my dd. They want her to have xyz before she's "officially told" and I total get that.

That is weird, but USAG level 4 and 5 both have two acro skills - a cartwheel and a handstand, and a BWO (or BHS or BER) and a handstand. Then when you get to level 6 you only need one acro skill (and it doesn't have to be a flight skill) - so it is weird, but I can see how it does kind of mimic the JO levels.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back