What does RB mean?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stillgotmyleotard

Trainee Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
I was just nosing at the startlists for the English Championships (getting excited) and noticed the abbreviation RB against some of the entrants. I may be being stupid (it is Saturday night) but I can't work out what it means. Can anybody put me out of my misery?

Probably bar raise. You have to be pretty tall though. I think your bum has to touch the floor in a pike hang on low bar and toes on a hang on high bar. You would have to be about 5 8 I reckon .

Ah, ok. Thanks, Jenny. That makes sense. Mainly against senior WAG but also one junior WAG as far as I can see.

Yes it means raised bar and you can have the bars raised at any height but you just have to let the competition organisers know when you enter the gymnast :)

Don't think you can raise it at any height like USA. Think in FIG it is a 10 cm raise on both bars only.

Reactions: sce
I didn't mean any height as in the bar I meant as in the gymnast can be any height :)

The 2013-16 FIG code of points says that gymnasts can ask for a bar raise if their feet touch the mat. The gymnast cannot be of any height in an FIG competition. Maybe you were at a non FIG meet.

Last edited:
The 2013-16 FIG code of points says that gymnasts can ask for a bar raise if their feet touch the mat. The gymnast cannot be of any height in an FIG competition. Maybe you were at a non FIG meet.
Oh my mistake, I've never had to have the bar raised for any of my gymnasts, just seen it in enteries :)

I have often wondered if anyone checks if they are really tall enough. I mean do the judges make them hang on the bar to check. Otherwise any 'tall' gymnast could just put 'bar raise' on their entry. I wonder if anyone ever does try it on.

I have often wondered if anyone checks if they are really tall enough. I mean do the judges make them hang on the bar to check. Otherwise any 'tall' gymnast could just put 'bar raise' on their entry. I wonder if anyone ever does try it on.
As far as I have seen and all the competitions I have been to where gymnasts have needed the bar raised (which is very annoying when it's an hour warm up as the girls don't get as much warm up) they have not checked-hence why I also didn't think you had to be a certain height :)

wow an hour warm up? We never get that. Usually about 2 goes each and then you are up LOL>
If it is a FIG or challenge cup ruled competition then they gymnasts get an hour to go around every piece of apparatus and warm up, they then get changed into their competition leotards and get a 1 touch warm up before they compete,
They will do it like this at the English:)

If it is a FIG or challenge cup ruled competition then they gymnasts get an hour to go around every piece of apparatus and warm up, they then get changed into their competition leotards and get a 1 touch warm up before they compete,
They will do it like this at the English:)

haha lol I thought you meant an hour on bars!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back