WAG What does Tom do now?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym_dad32608

Proud Parent
Despite the vigorous discussion on how/why Grace was chosen for the team on the other thread, she is on the team. Now that we are entering the 3 up 3 count session, who does Tom put up for the team given the performance in quals? I believe the question is now between Jordan and Grace. Does he brush off Jordan's performance as a fluke? Does he sit Jordan and just go with a Grace, Suni, Simone all around team? It will be another greatly debated topic after the fact. :)

I think Jordan vaults, instead of Suni. Beyond that, I think Grace has a slight leg up, but it will depend on how training goes...

Jordan did outscore Grace on floor. Only one tenth, but at this point we can't say anymore that a few tenth doesn't matter.

Jordan did outscore Grace on floor. Only one tenth, but at this point we can't say anymore that a few tenth doesn't matter.

Actually, it's Suni's score that was the lowest, so should be Jordan on vault and floor, and Suni on UB/BB, and Grace AA.
Of course it will depend a lot on what happens in training, unless Tom will just go by the numbers as usual.

I think it really boils down to does he trust Jordan had a fluke night or not. See if he sees something during training that pushes him either way. Still, I doubt we will ever know.

Despite the vigorous discussion on how/why Grace was chosen for the team on the other thread, she is on the team. Now that we are entering the 3 up 3 count session, who does Tom put up for the team given the performance in quals? I believe the question is now between Jordan and Grace. Does he brush off Jordan's performance as a fluke? Does he sit Jordan and just go with a Grace, Suni, Simone all around team? It will be another greatly debated topic after the fact. :)
I had read some of the discussion with Tom and picking the USA team. Who is Tom exactly?

Darn. From the title I was hoping he got fired. Might have to wait another couple weeks for that.

Tom is Tom Forrester, who is the Team Coordinator for USAG. He is responsible for putting together the team.

He was part of a committee of 3 that put the team together, and is the High Performance Director (or something like that)

Simone said in her interview that qualification was always the most stressful. They are going to be fine in team final. Simone will make the necessary changes and the US will win comfortably. I agree with the lineup. Grace has proven she is solid and consistent in international competitions and this gives Suni’s ankle a rest. I think Jordan is just dealing with a lot in her personal life and combined with Olympic nerves, I think it just got to her. Her vault was great and her floor is strong.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back