WAG What injuries have you or your dd suffered from because of gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What injuries have you or your dd suffered from because of gymnastics?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 17723

Just wondering because of all the injuries I have suffered from! Feel free to comment below as well and elaborate if you feel needed.
I have had.... 1 concussion from splitting the beam and falling onto my head hard :rolleyes: More sprained ankles then I can count... from vaulting to tumbling to tripping on tumbl trak :p A fractured finger with a torn ligament in my hand from putting my hands behind me in a robhbt (I learned my lesson never to do that again :rolleyes:) A badly bruised and hyperextended knee from a back-handspring down a wedge mat, a broken pinky toe from getting it caught on the bar cable, shin splints (overuse), a possible stress fracture in my shin thats being checked out by the ortho tonight, and a pulled hamstring from being in an oversplit to long. I am sure there has been others but theres my major injury... I tend to get hurt not doing gymnastics at the gym :p I'm so clumsy....

Oh boy where to start! Let's see I'll start from the beginning. I sprained my ankle from landing wrong on a basic bar dismount, got a permanet mark on my leg from tripping over the strap bar (it was low to the ground for handstand drills), sprained my finger bending it backwards when I jumped into my glide swing, pulled my hamstring from stretching splits for a little to long + growing, injured my back falling on my mill circle, hyperextended my arm multiple times from FHs and far arm one handed cartwheels, and injured my knee + foot bailing on my FH vault and hitting the spring board. Forgive my horrendous run on sentence! It's sad I've only been in gymnastics for 2 years and have had this many injuries! (I'm a late starter for gymnastics, I started at 12 and am now 14.)

DD has had a fracture foot, broken toe (2) different times, growth pallet fracture in hand, growth pallet fracture in foot, fractured ankle, fractured wrist, back stress fracture, hyperextended knee, fractured finger, 2 sprained ankles, shoulder fracture along with tendonitis, osgood and severs.
UGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::mad:

oooh lets add another ankle injury to the list... I was doing a cartwheel on medium beam, missed the beam, and rolled it. It cracked 3 times on the way down and now its swollen and bruised. I already have an appointment Monday to look at my shin.... ughhh

Sprained ankle from tripping over a floor beam. I'm seriously so stupid, hate myself for that one. Shin splints that led to a stress fracture in my tibia (shin) so I had to wear a boot for forever just from running and the constant impact of gym. Oshgood schlatters (knee disease) so knee braces on both knees (right is worse than left however), hyperextended both knees from landing a punch front too high on floor and repeat of that on my right knee only on a beam dismount. Permanent back injuries from landing with an arched back on vault and yeah :)

I tore the posterior tibial tendon in my left ankle. On top of that I had a lot of bone spurs and loose cartilage. I had surgery to correct this (not all of the bone spurs were removed due to swelling) and my ankle has issue to this day. It'll be two years since my surgery in June. I've also sprained the same ankle before this injury.

I've pulled muscles and pinched nerves in my back before as well has had overuse injuries in my back.

I've also bone bruised my feet.

Funny how I really don't even consider sprains as an injury. My dd is now in college do gymnastics. She has broken her finger, had a Jones' fracture, had elbow surgery for OCD and a navicular stress fracture that has lasted (and I kid you not) now over 2 yrs. I feel she has been lucky as far as injuries go. I'm ok with limb issues and extremely thankful she hasn't dealt with head, neck or back. As it goes with gymnastics, it's not if you will get injured but rather when you will get injured.

fractured finger, fractured elbow, fractured fifth metarsal, fractured hand( the last three happened within the past year!!!) yikes.

Lots of strains and tweaks of ligaments and tendons, but the "real" stuff = two years of extreme Osgood schlatters, level two ankle sprain, and broken tibia and fibula.

A lot of sprained ankles, atleast 10 time in the past 2 years (they like to roll a lot even in braces)

I broke my left growth plate in my ankle in 6th grade

A few concussions( actually competed with one once whoops)

Right now there's a lot of swelling along my lateral epicondyle In my elbow, and it pops when I put pressure or straighten it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back