WAG What is the deduction for falling out of a turn?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cadybearsmommy

Proud Parent
DD had a really good floor routine this weekend, all except her 1.5 turn went wonky. So unusual b/c she always nails it, usually I'm more worried about the tumbling passes lol. But you just never know. Anyway I was curious on what the deduction is for falling out of a turn? I've heard it was either a .2 deduction or that you could possibly lose credit for the skill depending on how bad it was, but wasn't sure if that was accurate. It was a pretty significant mess up on the turn, so I was worried she might lose credit but she got the full start value and scored a 9.225! So I was just curious on how much the turn costed her, b/c I really expected her score to be lower because of that. Here's the video if anyone wants to take a look. Thanks! =)

From what I saw she rotated -.5 times and stepped forward, albeit awkwardly. So I see why she got credit for the skill. No idea what deductions are taken, nota judge or coach, but I am sure some were taken at that point.

My DD overroatated her 1.5 turn and kind of fell out of it this weekend too. I have figured that they took .2 - .3 for it; but that is purely guessing! (mine went and did maybe an extra 1/5 of a turn and then took her foot that had been up and kind of stepped over across/in front of the other.)

I know nothing about the USAG scoring, just FIG rules (and over rotation is not a deduction there, she would have been given the credit of full turn and then deducted for the loss of balance) but I just wanted to say that her routine was really cute and the dance was very well performed, she doesn't seem like that old so good job for her age!

I know nothing about the USAG scoring, just FIG rules (and over rotation is not a deduction there, she would have been given the credit of full turn and then deducted for the loss of balance) but I just wanted to say that her routine was really cute and the dance was very well performed, she doesn't seem like that old so good job for her age!

Thank you! She turned 11 in November and she is super sassy and loves that routine lol. It's her favorite part of optionals is getting to have her own floor routine.

Im not a judge either, but besides the wobbles i dont think she was deducted for the over rotation
As stated by USAG------The 360° turn must be completed in high relevé. If the gymnast drops her heel onto the floor during the turn, the point at which the heel drops marks her degree of turn completion. The deduction for incomplete turn is applied, as stated under Chapter 3 - Execution & Artistry--- So since she made it at least a full turn/rotation, I would THINK she was only deducted for balance checks.

Im not a judge either, but besides the wobbles i dont think she was deducted for the over rotation
As stated by USAG------The 360° turn must be completed in high relevé. If the gymnast drops her heel onto the floor during the turn, the point at which the heel drops marks her degree of turn completion. The deduction for incomplete turn is applied, as stated under Chapter 3 - Execution & Artistry--- So since she made it at least a full turn/rotation, I would THINK she was only deducted for balance checks.

Well the problem is she needed the 1.5 turn as that was her B skill in her floor routine. They did not flip the start value card on her so they must have given her credit but I'm not sure what kind of deduction they did give her. It probably was a balance check deduction thanks for the info! The good news is she nailed the 1.5 turn at the meet yesterday! But had a couple of awkward steps out of her back tuck. She still brought up her score about .075 though and she got a special medal from the judges for her presentation and projection during her floor routine!

Not sure at all about the rules, but her floor routine is awesome. I like how precise she is with her movements, without being rushed, and the choreography is great.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back