What kind of gymnast are you???!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm level 5. I train at a private club in NJ.
Favorite Skills: Front walkovers on beam, standing back tuck (floor), front tucks
skills i want to learn: Fulls, giants
fears: backwards stuff!!! especially on beam.

My favorite events are vault and beam.

My least favorite even is bars.

Floor is ok.

I am 14 years old and i am a level 7 gymnast. My favorite skills are giants, cast handstands, gainers on beam, BHS's on beam, and pike jumps on beam. I have fears of twisting in backlayouts. For skills i want to get...well, that is a lot! i hope to be a college gymnast in the future. But for the end of 2009, I want to get giants by myself, my full into the pit, and a clear-hip to handstand!

Thats so cool!! well done:D have fun doing 10 hours a week :) where do you go to gym?? im from jets, its in victoria
I got a call over the weekend and as of immediately (tomorrow) I'm moving up to level 4 state.. so instead of 2 hours a week its now 10 .. woo and yeah I'm getting uneven bars for Christmas.

I am a 13 year old level 5 (I started late) at .. a gym. It's not YMCA but I'm not sure if I should label it private or not. My favorite skills are forward skills. I much prefer going forward rather than backwards anywhere. I'm terrified at backwards tumbling. Not really terrified, it's just whenever I don't get a natural rebound (one where you do have to really squat and push through, it just happens) I won't throw things and that holds me back. :eek:

I don't really have skills I want to learn. I just want to see how far I can get, but learning a giant sounds pretty cool.

I'm 13 and a level 7/8. I go to a YMCA, I'm not sure it is private or not though...I love the vault it's my favorite event I'm also the best at it. Floor is my second favorite event and I love twisting fulls on the hard floor. I hate beam it's terrifying. Bars is also ok, I just ordered new grips today. My favorite skills are a tsukes, gants, switch leaps on the beam, and whips. I skipped level 5 and am hoping to skip level 7.:) I've never gotten a floor routine but the music I just got sounds like it is from a video game, I'm probly going to get my routine of friday.;) I apsolutly love music too aspecially rock.:D:D

My goal is to get my series on beam in 3 weeks so I can compete it and to get my giants on the bars set and half piroette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I am probably the oldest, lowest level gymnast on here... but whatever because I love love love gymnastics :) I'm 16 and I do highschool gymnastics. About a level 5/6. I did club when I was little and I miss it. I love bars. and longhangs for some reason. I'm not so good on beam. I fall off then fall off agein... fall off.... theres the mat... fall off again.... ya you get the picture :)
Reach for the stars... with your toes!!!! :D

LOL
i think i win that award :eek:
Im a 16 year old level 4 (and even thats a stretch):eek:. I started about a year ago, and had to take like 5 months off since i started for surgery (WHOOHH) :p
I love it though and even though im HORRIBLE, I never even considered quitting.
I LOVE gym!
:D

i am 11 years old and a level 7. i go to VIGS gymnastics. i LOVE floor and i just got my own floor routine!! i am not very good at vault. i got my giant giant flyaway and i am working on fulls on floor. i like doing backhandsprings on beam. my floor music is from "seussical"

I am 15 and in level 5 now, i like beam and bars, although i am ok at them, but i love everything, thats why htey call it gymnastics!

I'm a level 7/8 and I'm 13 years old. My favourite events by far a bars and floor, my favourite skills are full twists, fhs front pikes and everything on bars. I right now have an absoloute mental block on vault, one day I had a yurchenko, and the next, I won't even do a handspring. :p Vault used to be an event I liked up till level 7 when my coach insisted I competed yurchenko, and I couldn't understand what "blocking" was. I utterly sucked on beam up till that time, when I became a lot more confident. Currently, I'm working handspring front tuck front pike and double twists into the pit (a very soft mat, not foam) OH yeah, I go to a public gym, but it's not YMCA>

I'm 13 years old and about 5"5. I'm in Level 5 or 6 this year (hoping to be in Level 6). I go to a privately owned club called EKGA. My favourite skill to do is a back walkover on beam. my least favourite skill to do is a flyaway (i'm scared that my feet are going to hit the bar). my best event is probably floor or vault (although vault isn't my favourite), my worst even is bars for sure!! My favourite events go in this order: Beam, Floor, Vault, Bars. I want to learn how to do a bhs on the beam, back layout on floor, glide kip on bars, handspring on vault.

I'm 14, a level 8, and i train at a park district.
skills im afraid of -
back tumbling (for the exceptions of back tuck)
flick flick on beam.
fliping a yerchenko on the real vault.
occasionaly - flip flop back tuck off beam.

skills i want to get
double full (floor)
full 1/2 punch front (floor)
yerchenko layout
front ariel flick lay (beam)
standing back (floor & beam)
cast handstand
giants
front giants
free hip handstand
press handstand (floor & beam)

^yeahh its a lot. lol.

i am 14, open level 4 (less competitive) i go to a private gym in Australia
favourite skills: BWO floor, FWO floor, FHS floor, RO floor, Cartwheel beam, handstand beam
Skills i want to learn - my RO - BHS (have it on tramp - i think i could do it on floor), BWO on beam, kip on bars, toe - shoot dismount, front tuck dismount on beam - won't happen for a while
since i posted this i have improved heaps and have a whole new look on gym.

I am 15 and open 4 but if i am lucky i might be competing open 5 (these are basically just less competitive). i'm not sure if my gym is a club or private gym. I really am obsessed with gym and really regret having to quit when i was younger because the gym i went to closed down and the gym i go to now i am pretty sure i saw as a rival gym (i guess that's what little kids do :p). so after 4 years of no gymnastics i have rejoined more enthusiastic than ever!!!!. at the moment my favourite skills are: Round off flip sault on floor, Front handspring, pirouettes, leaps, Front handspring step out cartwheel cartwheel, punch front dismount off beam, leaps and pirouettes on beam, cartwheel on beam, bars hmmm.... i would love to be amazing on bars so i think i have to say back hip circle on bars and on vault i love front handsprings even though i suck at them.

Skills i would like are:
Floor: Back extension roll to handstand
Beam: Back walkover
vault: a really good front handspring
bars: hmm how about all of them! god i suck! but i wish i could do a kip!

wow after writing this i cannot believe how much i have improved over about 4 months!! and i can't wait till my first comp!

Last edited:
since i posted this i have improved heaps and have a whole new look on gym.

I am 15 and open 4 but if i am lucky i might be competing open 5 (these are basically just less competitive). i'm not sure if my gym is a club or private gym. I really am obsessed with gym and really regret having to quit when i was younger because the gym i went to closed down and the gym i go to now i am pretty sure i saw as a rival gym (i guess that's what little kids do :p). so after 4 years of no gymnastics i have rejoined more enthusiastic than ever!!!!. at the moment my favourite skills are: Round off flip sault on floor, Front handspring, pirouettes, leaps, Front handspring step out cartwheel cartwheel, punch front dismount off beam, leaps and pirouettes on beam, cartwheel on beam, bars hmmm.... i would love to be amazing on bars so i think i have to say back hip circle on bars and on vault i love front handsprings even though i suck at them.

Skills i would like are:
Floor: Back extension roll to handstand
Beam: Back walkover
vault: a really good front handspring
bars: hmm how about all of them! god i suck! but i wish i could do a kip!

wow after writing this i cannot believe how much i have improved over about 4 months!! and i can't wait till my first comp!

hi, i'm from victoria, australia.. i live near melbourne. what club do you train at? what level are you? are you in the gymstar, state, national stream?? good job for you!! i'm 13 and state 5 or 6 next year!!

I am 13 and in prep op silver. I go to a private gym and I love floor and bars.

I'm training level 6 at a private gym and my favorite event is floor because I love tumbling. My favorite skill on floor is front tucks, beam is backwalkovers, and bars umm free hips i guess. I am extremely afraid to do my flyaway on bars though! I don't know why...even if I have double spotters and they say "all you need to do is let go and we'll flip you," I just can't make myself let go. This is my 3rd year doing gymnastics besides a year when I was younger at Little Gym.

Im 13 and im a level 6 training 7. I like to do roundoff bhs arabians on floor, different types of leaps/jumps on beam, Giants on bars, and a front handspring on vault. I go to estrella gymnastics. My fears are doing backwards stuff on beam.. (can someone give me advice if possible?) I want to get a front handspring front tuck, back full, standing back tuck, backhandspring on beam, and all kinds of flexibility junk haa!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back