Off Topic what level should i be in?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm currently competing xcel silver with decent scores in the mid 9s on all events and all my teammates are saying that I should be in xcel gold. the coaches don't seem to notice me much since I don't think I have much problems so I don't think they have to talk to me about much. I haven't complained to them about being in a level that's to easy for me because I don't want to annoy them but they're making me do really easy things.
Here are some things I can do and please tell me if they arent enough for gold
floor-
round off backhandspring
front tuck
front handspring step out roundoff
front handspring
front handspring front tuck (tumble track)
backwalkover
front walkover
180 degree leap and about 120 switch leap
full turn
1 1/2 turn and almost double turn
a floppy wolf turn
ROBT (tumble track but my coach said I could probably do it on floor)
round off double bhs on tumble track
backhandspring and bhs step out but with bent arms (I still land decently)

beam-
full turn
split jump
wolf jump
cartwheel
handstand
backwalkover on medium beam
round off on floor beam
inconsistent backward roll
split jump flutter jump
round off dismount
working on brannys and front tucks off

bars
pull over
almost kip but at our gym kip is not required for gold only platinum
backhip circle
double back hip circle
baby clearhip
squat on
tap swings
half turn dismount on high bar
straddle low bar dismount

vault
half on silver vault (vault over cube)
half on half off silver vault
half on with springboard over table (115)
half on half on with springboard over table (110)
front handspring over table
spotted yurchenko on low vault

anyways Im probably missing some gold skills but if i am please lmk!
tysm!

Honestly those skills are what I compete as a Gold. On Floor I compete front pike though the rest of my team does a punch front, front handspring step out roundoff though most of my team does a ROBHS, full turn, and split leap wolf jump soon to be changed to a straddle jump though most of my team does a tuck jump. On bars I do kip cast double back hipcircle cast squat on tap swing tap swing half turn dismount. Most of our team mounts with glide swing punch pullover though. On beam I do full turn, split jump flutter jump, handstand, cartwheel, and RO dismount. On vault I do a half on with springboard at 110 though everyone else does a FHS with springboard and varying table heights. I'm set to go HS next year or platinum minus beam haha.

The thing is, we could never tell what level you should be competing by seeing the list of skills you can do. Being able to do skills and being able to compete them is very different.

We don’t know what sort of deductions your skills would incur, how safe they are, how progressive they are etc.

We also dont know what Your gym looks fit in move ups. I would suggest you respectfully ask your coach “what do I need to quark on to be ready for gold?”

Where I live the Xcel season is not finished yet. Move ups here don't happen until the official end of the season or the start of summer training. It could be that you haven't heard anything from your coaches because you haven't asked and it's not move-up time. It sounds like you are progressing with your skills though! As others have said, we have no clue what level you should be but you could casually ask your coach if you are on track for Gold next season (but if your season is not over yet, I think you will learn more after it's over).

Where I live the Xcel season is not finished yet. Move ups here don't happen until the official end of the season or the start of summer training. It could be that you haven't heard anything from your coaches because you haven't asked and it's not move-up time. It sounds like you are progressing with your skills though! As others have said, we have no clue what level you should be but you could casually ask your coach if you are on track for Gold next season (but if your season is not over yet, I think you will learn more after it's over).
Definitely this! I have state 2 weeks from Saturday, so most girls are still in season.

Thats true! We are still in season until April but some people do switches in between the season. I think I'll just stay in silver for the rest of this season since I'll probably score higher, I was just wondering if I had the skills for gold

Honestly it depends on how high your gym’s expectations are, I think our gym has average expectations
for reference here are the gold requirements at my gym:
Floor:
front handspring, front tuck
ROBT, or RoBHBT
Slip leap that is 120 degrees
wolf jump, stag jump, double stag jump, or sheep jump
full turn
Aerial front or side
vault:
front handspring over the table and round off
Beam:
back-walkover or cartwheel step out cartwheel
Horizontal handstand
90 degrees leap, or slip leap
full turn
front tuck, back tuck, or barani dismount
Bars:
kip
squat on jump to high bar or toe circle jump to high bar
kip on high bar or baby giant
double back hip circle

Honestly it depends on how high your gym’s expectations are, I think our gym has average expectations
for reference here are the gold requirements at my gym:
Floor:
front handspring, front tuck
ROBT, or RoBHBT
Slip leap that is 120 degrees
wolf jump, stag jump, double stag jump, or sheep jump
full turn
Aerial front or side
vault:
front handspring over the table and round off
Beam:
back-walkover or cartwheel step out cartwheel
Horizontal handstand
90 degrees leap, or slip leap
full turn
front tuck, back tuck, or barani dismount
Bars:
kip
squat on jump to high bar or toe circle jump to high bar
kip on high bar or baby giant
double back hip circle
That sounds more on the high end to me. especially the back tuck on floor and kip or baby giant. I’m also pretty sure that the beam jump requirement is 120°

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back