WAG What level would I be in Junior Olympic?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Next season i'm competing in xcel platinum however it is very easy for me and I already had almost all my skills upon beginning to train platinum. I can do a lot of way for advanced skills but they arent allowed. What level would I be in junior olympic levels?

this is what I can do/am training:
floor: front tuck front pike, front tuck stepout roundoff back 1/2 + front tuck, front tuck roundoff full, double front into pit, front twists (I don't do a lot of back tumbling normally)
vault: tsukaharas of several types
bars: blind changes, toe front flyaway, clear hip handstand, toe shoots with and without twists
beam: front handsprings and front tucks, switch leap, roundoffs

please tell me what level I would be!

Last edited:
I dont know for sure what level but if platinum is too easy you may want to see about doing xcel diamond. Most of our platinum go to JO 7 but I don't know all the requirements for anything above platinum.

I dont know for sure what level but if platinum is too easy you may want to see about doing xcel diamond. Most of our platinum go to JO 7 but I don't know all the requirements for anything above platinum.
Doing diamond is a given for me next year but my gym doesn't let anyone skip levels or even compete one meet and then move up. It's likely I'll be doing sapphire after diamond but I don't know if I'll have the skills to go elite after that

Floor - Level 8, but you'll probably want to learn some back tumbling for JO.
Vault - Level 9, you can do Tsuks with a 10.0 start value, but some gyms require you to have a Yurchenko vault
Bars - Level 8/9, you will need to have 2 bar changes for level 9, but otherwise level 9
Beam - Level 9, (if you can connect the fhs front tuck) but you will want to learn a bhs step out, as it is done very often in JO beam routines.

Overall: I would say you're probably a Level 8 or 9 - you can definitely compose level 8 routines, and Level 9 routines that have about a lower start value than 10.0. It will also depend on the gym, as some gyms want you to have certain skills before competing a level. Level 7 the lowest.

Next season i'm competing in xcel platinum however it is very easy for me and I already had almost all my skills upon beginning to train platinum. I can do a lot of way for advanced skills but they arent allowed. What level would I be in junior olympic levels?

this is what I can do/am training:
floor: front tuck front pike, front tuck stepout roundoff back 1/2 + front tuck, front tuck roundoff full, double front into pit, front twists (I don't do a lot of back tumbling normally)
vault: tsukaharas of several types
bars: blind changes, toe front flyaway, clear hip handstand, toe shoots with and without twists
beam: front handsprings and front tucks, switch leap, roundoffs

please tell me what level I would be!
You could definitely go level 8 since you already have most the skills, would have to work a bit on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back