WAG What needs to be added... (L9 Beam Routine)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PeanutsMom

Proud Parent
What needs to be added to this beam routine to make it Level 9?
Straddle up handstand mount
full turn
Switch leap/Sissone
BHS BHS
Side Aerial
BHS Back Tuck dismount

Thanks for feedback

[USERGROUP=23]@Judge[/USERGROUP] Help us out a bit here.

I thought the series had to have a Salto but honestly I dont know. My kid was training 9 but had to repeat 8 due to injury so my level 9 knowledge is limited. Also wouldnt that have 3 BHS so the 3 one wouldnt count which would probably effect bonuses etc.? I also thought the dismount needed to be a full instead of tuck or layout? Once again just going by what the level 9s at our gym are doing.

This routine would start from a 9.3 and have 0.35 in up to level composition deduction. It is missing a B dismount and only has 0.1 in bonus. The series meets the requirement for level 9 but will always incur 0.15 in acro composition deduction no matter what else is in the routine. Adding a C dance skill will eliminate the 0.1 dance up to level deduction and can also be used to get the missing bonus. Adding a B dismount will cover the 0.5 special requirement and eliminate the 0.1 dismount composition deduction.

A routine based around listed skills might look like tihis(10SV, 0.15 in acro comp ded)
mount
turn
switch leap/straddle 1/4 C+C +2
BHS/BHS
side aerial D +1
BHS back full or half dismount

Ugrading the series to a BHS layout syep-out or BHS back tuck would eliminate the acro comp deduction.

The third BHS technically doesn’t count, but there are enough other counting skills in the routine and it isn’t being used for bonus so ok.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back