WAG What new changes in the code of points?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have heard that they downgraded beam dismount aerial full to a B? That seems crazy.
I hadn’t heard that before, so I just checked. The full dismount was a B in the last COP as well. The value of the actual flip is not changed based on what comes before it. Whether you do a roundoff full, aerial full, or bhs full dismount, the full is a B skill either way.

As Sylvia said, the actual full dismount off the end of the beam is still a B, and doing the aerial in front of it still fulfills the level 10 dismount requirement of a "B dismount directly connected to a minimum C acro flight/dance element".

That dismount does incur a 0.05 deduction for being "not up to competitive level" (level 10); but I think that was also the case in the last code?

As Sylvia said, the actual full dismount off the end of the beam is still a B, and doing the aerial in front of it still fulfills the level 10 dismount requirement of a "B dismount directly connected to a minimum C acro flight/dance element".

That dismount does incur a 0.05 deduction for being "not up to competitive level" (level 10); but I think that was also the case in the last code?
So will this effect NCAA gymnast? Just curious because we see it a ton in college beam routines.

So it is a D+B acro and it incurs an up to level deduction?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back