Parents What other activites do you kids do and what gets priority?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We alternate usually--skip gymnastics once, the other activity later. Sometimes it works that she can leave something early and get to gymnastics late.
Otherwise: gymnastics meet trumps everything--a game for other event trumps gymnastics practice, and practice between gymnastics and the other event gets juggled.

I read further and saw you were talking about t-ball and she's only 4. 3 nights a week for t-ball is crazy! I'd pick two days she can go (to make gymnastics her two days a week) and let the coach know that's all she'll be there. People miss practice all the time at that level, so it's not a big deal.

We are going to go 2 days to Tball and 2 days to gym and if these crazy Tball people don't like it I really don't care. I did get an email from the team mom letting everyone know that they need everyone at ALL practices. I even hate the idea of her going 4 days a week to anything. I think it's too much for a 4 year old.

I wanted to expose my DD to many activites because it's fun for both of us. She likes trying new things and I love watching her. I'll be more careful in the future to triple check the committment required and not assume that sane people are running these activites. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that she doesn't fall in love with playing Tball or that after the season she'll forget all about it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back