WAG What piece of floor music do you hate?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

blue_5678

Coach
Gymnast
Out of sheer curiosity, what is that one piece of floor music you can't stand to hear at the gym/meets etc?:D Whether you are sick of it because it is overused, or you just plain don't like it for no particular reason.

For me, I have two. I will admit Nathan Lanier has some beautiful stuff, but something about this one drives me crazy when I hear it. I guess I've seen some pretty bad renditions of it.

Also, I dislike most of Lindsey Stirling's stuff. Crazy right? Everyone seems to love her, but the techno/violin combo rubs me the wrong way. She has a few pieces I don't mind but the rest I really could do without.

**As a side note, please no one take offence to this thread if you/your dd has any music that's talked about here! As long as the gymnast and the coach like the music, that's all that matters.

Sort of a side note to this -- I know judges aren't supposed to let their music preferences influence their judging, but I honestly don't know how that's 100% possible. It's gotta affect scoring at some level, even if it's subconscious. Right?? Implicit bias is real.

All the really bad cut pieces are bad IMO. Also, there was someone using Harry Potter this season, and it was really nervous-making, if you get what i mean...

I don’t know what it’s called, but there is the floor music that has the phone ring tone in the middle of it. So irritating, I would protest if that was my DDs floor music. I am also not a fan of 80s music cut into floor music. One meet we heard “My angel is a centerfold”

I don’t know what it’s called, but there is the floor music that has the phone ring tone in the middle of it. So irritating, I would protest if that was my DDs floor music. I am also not a fan of 80s music cut into floor music. One meet we heard “My angel is a centerfold”

Like Angi Cipra's from UCLA? (2016 music)

Reactions: sce
Agree with a lot of these! Especially the ring tone mid-routine. I mean she played it well but it's just a little too out there for my taste.

I dislike Pirates of the Caribbean, but mainly because I used to hear it at every single meet.

I'm reading this and cracking up. Dd and my husband found Sail when she was looking at music for her first L6 routine and she wanted it desperately. The coaches said no. And her teammate had Pirates. Guess they did right by her, but maybe not her teammate!

Centerfold.... dont think our coach would let any of our gymnasts use that one... HOWEVER, The song does have a good beat to it for a floor music ;).

Burlesque makes me want to cover my ears each time I hear it. I've actually grown to ignore all the overused Nathan Lanier and Lindsay Stirling songs.

At lower level competitions in the U.K., there is a trend of using karaoke versions of pop songs. After hearing 'Rather Be', 'Bom Bom' and 'Talk Dirty to Me' (yep, that's right, I don't know who thinks that's appropriate for 9 year olds) seemingly on repeat for 10 hours, I've vowed to never let my gymnasts use pop songs!

Burlesque makes me want to cover my ears each time I hear it. I've actually grown to ignore all the overused Nathan Lanier and Lindsay Stirling songs.

At lower level competitions in the U.K., there is a trend of using karaoke versions of pop songs. After hearing 'Rather Be', 'Bom Bom' and 'Talk Dirty to Me' (yep, that's right, I don't know who thinks that's appropriate for 9 year olds) seemingly on repeat for 10 hours, I've vowed to never let my gymnasts use pop songs!
Our coach vetoed Talk Dirty to Me a couple years ago (YG jokingly suggested it for her music)... but she does let them use more appropriate pop music choices.

So, we need to find a team that uses Talk Dirty to Me, Centerfold, She Bangs, Lady Marmalade, and Like a Virgin ... and we can vote them most inappropriate team of the year :p;):oops::rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back