WAG What piece of floor music do you hate?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NIN closer. I hate to admit it but I like that song, this thread made me listen to it at my desk.

Burlesque makes me want to cover my ears each time I hear it. I've actually grown to ignore all the overused Nathan Lanier and Lindsay Stirling songs.

my dd's song is a lindsay stirling and we heard one of her songs at my oldest dd's dance comp. we fell in love with both songs. i had never heard it before nor had her coach, when i sent it to her. we heard it maybe 4 times in the bazillion meets we went to last year. she will use it one more year before moving on to a diff song. it fits her personality well.

i love the pirates them song but i have heard that one more at meets. i still enjoy hearing it.

I hate babyish songs on older girls who just happen to be very small and look young - even worse when the choreography is cutesy and immature. We had a 13 year old do such a routine last year and I thought it was just cringe. I'd rather see an 8 year old dance to a too mature song than I would a teenager prancing around like a 1st grader - I just think it's really creepy when our sport promotes the attitude of "never grow up - stay 5 years old forever if you can" - you see it in competitive dance too and I also think it's creepy there.

we can't have Disney over hear, (thank goodness). I have heard enough "Entry of the Gladiators", or circus clown music in my life thank you very much

Reactions: sce
All the new routines have been choreographed and everyone's doing dancethroughs -- I was at the gym last night and they had lower level XCels doing them in the upstairs gym and older XCels downstairs. At one point there was a whole string of dueling Lindsey Stirling type pieces and I thought my head was going to explode.

Really current songs (=floor music versions thereof, of course) don't seem to be very common here, thank goodness..! We have ONE girl using a somewhat current song, but despite having two teen girls and spending a lot of time in the car it is one I had never heard played on the radio until last season was almost over. I didn't even know it was an actual song, lol, and that remains the one time I have heard it other than in the gym. :)
We hear enough of the popular pop songs at my other DDs dance competitions though.... if I never hear "shake it off" again I will be happy!!

Despacito

I'm not familiar with it, I had to look it up. Was it used by someone well-known?

Also, have you ever heard some floor music and thought, "Why? Just why?" LOL!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back