Parents What size should I get

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, so i’m not actually a parent, i’m an older sister. My little sister and I go to the same gym, and we finally get to go on the same day now that she’s progressed a bit! I want to order us matching leotards but i’m not sure what size to purchase. She wears a 6/6x in target leotards if that’s helpful.

thanks mothers!

That's really sweet of you! What brand of leo are you ordering? Just like other clothing, different brands will have a different fit. Generally, I would advise following the size chart for whatever brand you choose. The brand's website will usually tell you how to take measurements as well. You will need a measuring tape (the flexible/fabric kind found near sewing supplies in retail stores). The most important measurement for leos is the "girth" or "torso" one. She may be a child XS or small in leos depending on the brand.

That's really sweet of you! What brand of leo are you ordering? Just like other clothing, different brands will have a different fit. Generally, I would advise following the size chart for whatever brand you choose. The brand's website will usually tell you how to take measurements as well. You will need a measuring tape (the flexible/fabric kind found near sewing supplies in retail stores). The most important measurement for leos is the "girth" or "torso" one. She may be a child XS or small in leos depending on the brand.
I’m buying from gkelite! should I still get a child XS?

As much as measuring is the best way to go, you may want to keep it a surprise or your just not able to measure.

First of all, does she have any leos? Could you check her size in those? (I am assuming not if you asking this question, just throwing that out there though.)

And now for size reference, a just-turned-5 little girl in my gym wears a CXS in GK elite leotards. She has the body size of a four year old. A girl who is a tall but thin and very long-legged seven year old wears a CS. (I had to measure these girls for our team leos.) S

Hope you can figure out the right size!

I would get at least a CS (not an XS) if your sister is wearing a 6/6x -- Kids grow so fast at that age, and it's not like she needs it to be a tight, competition fit. You might be able to find a size chart for the Target brand and compare against the GK size chart? When my DD was age 7 (very slim but average height) I was buying GK CM....

For a size reference -
My DD is 4ft 4 and is now in a Child Large at GK. She still fits tightly in a CM. In Target she is between a Medium (7/8) and a 9/10. her torso is where the length is.

2 years ago she was wearing a CS in GK and 5/6 size at Target.

LOVE your idea. So cute and nice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back