WAG What skill is this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ascarter1

Proud Parent
Dd is level 7 this season. They had a few minutes to up train/try out new skills.
What is this called?

I don't know the technical name (if there is one), but we just call it a front flyaway. They can be used for learning jaegers and front flyaway dismounts (twisting or double front).

There isn't a technical name, it's just a front flyaway. Is she going to compete that? It looks awesome and different. :)

I don't think so. I think she is still doing her layout flyaway but who knows. They have worked double backs as well, even though she can't compete that till 8.

I stopped trying to guess what was coming next because, as you guys know, it can make you crazy!

I like to call these reverse flyaways, and they can also be done in undergrip. The double version of this dismount is called a Mercer, and is usually preceded by a front giant. This dismount is listed in JO as an E in difficulty, and as a D in FIG, and is currently used by a few elites, including Aly Raisman.

Last edited:
I like to call these reverse flyaways, and they can also be done in undergrip. The double version of this dismount is called a Mercer, and is usually preceded by a front giant. This dismount is listed in JO as an E in difficulty, and as a D in FIG, and is currently used by a few elites, including Aly Raisman.

Interesting you say this bc they also started practicing front Giants. I use the term practicing very loosely though.

Thank you so much! The pieces are starting to come together!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back