What to bring to TOPs National Testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2twingymnasts

Proud Parent
My daughter is going to the TOPs National Testing. She needs to bring her own linens. Does she need to bring her own pillow or just a pillow case? What size are the beds - assuming twin? Can the girls take showers there? What else does she need?

It depends on whether she is staying in the cabins or the "motel". In the motel, linens and pillows are provided. If she is staying in the cabins then she will need to take either sheets/blanket or a sleeping bag and pillow. They do have showers and I sent a couple of towels with my dd to use when she was in the cabins during tops camp. Good luck to your dd. We will be going also but staying in a hotel off site.

the gymnasts stay in the cabins and they must bring their own linens- pillow & case, blanket/ sheet or sleeping bag. flashlight, bugspray, etc... think camp... bc thats what it is! they have showers- so towels, toiletries, etc- you can pm me if you have specific questions as to what to bring,

bring food and an animal trainer. and maybe lots of canning jars with breathing holes in the lids for all the cockaroaches (italian spelling) spiders and snakes.

and maybe lots of canning jars with breathing holes in the lids for all the cockaroaches (italian spelling) spiders and snakes.

Don't forget the red ants! ;)

Seriously, pack some well-contained snacks for your dd, as I've heard the food served isn't the best. (Our dd stayed in hotels the times she went for testing. Camp food at the camps wasn't a big deal, but I was glad she had other choices at the testing.)

If you will go on the USAG website it will give you the information you need. They are housing some of the gymnasts in the "hotel" depending on when your coach registered her and the number of girls staying onsite. It does say to bring linens even if housed in the hotel. On the website click on women, then tops, then new information and all the information will be there....and yes take snacks, bug spray, and a camera:)

oh, that's right...i forgot about the roach "hotel"...:)

I have only sent mosquito spray in the past because dd cannot take "roach" spray on the plane. They have small bottles of mosquito spray in the sporting goods section of walmart. My dd has not complained to me about the roaches,ants etc. I haven't stayed in the cabins. DD has stayed in the cabins and the motel. Don't worry, my dd has been 4 times to the ranch now and has been fine. Send tennis shoes with her if she has time to play and walk around the property. How old is your dd?

My daughter is 9. Three of her teammates will also be going - one is 10 and other two are 9. Previously, I was nervous about sending her on a plane with her coach for a 6:15AM flight - need to leave our house about 4AM. Was hoping to just send carry-on but with the need to pack bedding, she will be checking a bag. I will send bug spray but won't mention the rumors about roaches as I don't want to give her something to worry about. Will just reminder her to keep snacks tightly sealed just in case there are bugs.

So how did she like the ranch? My dd thought is was COOL but gave the physical "judges" a thumb down because they were so tough...though she did acknowledge that they were tough on everyone so in that respect they were fair.

lovofu,
She loved the ranch. She did say that they were tough on the split scores but didn't think the other areas were scored any different than state scoring. She was disappointed in her bars score as that is usually her strongest event. She only got an 8.0 on bars. She said there were some great gymnasts there. She said some of the girls that rotated with her had perfect kip, cast handstand, kip cast handstand.

Dunno,
She didn't see any roaches or ants but got eaten alive by the mosquitos.

Hello,

This is my DD's 2nd year making it to TOPS NAtional testing. It's odd because she's never had to bring her own linens. Usually when they make tops a or b camp they need to bring their linens but not at the national testing...? But for the National testing that she just came back from a few days ago, they stay at a hotel. :)

We just got her results an hour agol....and my DD made it to TOPS A camp!!!! I'm thrilled! She is 9 yrs. old. Last year she made it to B Camp and her goal was to make A Camp and she did!!!! So she will be going Nov. 30-Dec 4th....expenses paid which is awesome (well, besides the coaches expenses but it's still better than having to pay for DDs airline, food, hotel, etc, too).

I'm new to this board and so glad I found it! :) Best of luck to everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back