What to pack for gymnastics camp and what if i am the worst gymnast at camp?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnasticsgurl

I am going to gymnastics camp in just a little over a week from now and i have no idea what to pack!?:/...it is my first time ever going to a gymnastics camp so i dont know any idea of what im supposed to bring and what i should expect at the camp.Also i have this stupid fear that i will be the only 12 year old that is in the level 5/6 group and the rest will be like 7 year olds!im very scared that will happen and all the other 12 year old will be level 8s and stuff!please help!my camp is 4 days and 3 nights long and a detailed packing list would be awesome!also anything i need to know before gymnastics camp?!

What camp are you going to? They should give you a packing list anyway. And don't be scared about being a 'bad gymnast'. You'll be better at some events/skills, and some people will be better than you at different events/skills. Thats life.

Uh oh... you're about to be kicked off Chalk Bucket. No 12-year-olds allowed. Please come back and join us when you're 13! But before Bog bans you, here's the list I gave to my 11-year old when she went to a 6-night gymnastics camp. At her camp, kids under 12 had their mandatory practice in the AM and kids over 12 in the afternoon, so not only were kids grouped by abilities but also by age. I think you'll find other kids at camp that are both your age and your skill level. Regardless, you will make friends and have a blast!

Good luck, have fun at camp, and see you when you're 13!

Clothing
6 T-shirts
6 pairs of socks
6 pair of shorts
1 pair of jeans or sweatpants
At least 6 leos
Leo shorts
6 pairs underpants
6 bras
2 swimsuits
1 swim cover-up (if you want)
1 jacket
2 sets of PJs (1 cooler and 1 warmer)
Crocs
Keens
Sneakers
Sweatshirt
Laundry bag
Gym bag
Grips
Other Items
2 water bottles
Sunscreen
Insect repellant
Sheets and blanket
Mattress pad
Pillow
Cookies
Snacks
Book
Games
Toiletries:
  • lip balm
  • toothbrush
  • toothpaste
  • soap
  • shampoo
  • comb
  • brush
  • pony tail holders
2 towels
1 small flashlight
1 small notepad (and a pen)

Stuff for rips:

• Bag balm
  • Sock gloves
  • Neosporin
  • Tape
  • Pumice stone
  • Rip Guardian
  • Nail clippers

T-shirts
sweatpants
shorts
leotarards (workout clothes)
gym gear (grips, supports, ect.)
water bottle
underwear
bras
swim suites
sweatshirt
PJ's
flip flops
nikes
sunscreen
snacks
sleeping bag
pillow
chap stick
tooth brush/tothpaste
shampoo/conditioner
soap
brush
extra pony tail's/headbands

You won't be a bad gymnast. Just have fun and make friends. Age doesn't matter.

Sorry gymnastgurl. Requirements for this site are for you to be 13 years old. This is for your own saftey.

However, you have your answers, so don't worry go have fun at camp. Come back and join us when you turn 13.

i think i am going to the u of m camp..anyways Thanks everyone for the packing lists and the info about the 13 years old and + rule on chalk bucket. And I will most definately be back soon my birthday is in the beginning of August so i will be allowed on chalkbucket then....But i am not sure how to delete my account????Does anyone know?

We will take care of it. Thank you for understanding. Have fun at camp!

You are now banned. But let's be clear, when you joined you saw that you need to be 13 to join, you gave a false date of birth (1990 no less).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back