WAG What to wear under leotard?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Asian

Proud Parent
Gymnast
My daughter has a leotard that is somewhat backless. A regular sports bra would look weird under it. She hates going without a bra though. Any suggestions?
navy-mystique-leotard-fun.png

If it’s not a comp Leo it doesn’t matter

Any sports bra, straps show, so what

My kid, just wouldn’t wear a Leo she wasn’t willing to go without a bra and she wouldn’t have a tinof straps showsonshe would never wear that leo

Th
If it’s not a comp Leo it doesn’t matter

Any sports bra, straps show, so what

My kid, just wouldn’t wear a Leo she wasn’t willing to go without a bra and she wouldn’t have a tinof straps showsonshe would never wear that leo
This is what I was going to say. If it's a practice leo it doesn't matter if the bra strap is showing, if your daughter isn't comfortable without a bra or comfortable with her bra showing under the Leo then she probably shouldn't wear it. Those girls have too much to do at practice to worry about feeling insecure about their practice leos!

Th

This is what I was going to say. If it's a practice leo it doesn't matter if the bra strap is showing, if your daughter isn't comfortable without a bra or comfortable with her bra showing under the Leo then she probably shouldn't wear it. Those girls have too much to do at practice to worry about feeling insecure about their practice leos!
But I just realized none of these answers actually answered your question. If your kid loves this Leo and wants suggestions maybe a flesh toned bra would work?

Please tell me this isn’t a comp Leo. That would be absurd imho, as they deduct for bra straps showing yet how could they not for those who need them.

There is no way a bra and in’t Show at all. GK sells bras with clear straps or you could do flesh tone. My Dd and her teammates were okay with spirts bras showing at practice and coordibayed also they complimented with their Leo. But I could see why that would be odd with this style. My kid would never wear a leotard with such thin straps though

(I know this isn't the thread, but why does KZ have a line? They are so unattractive!) high jack over.....

This Leo is pretty and unusual. I have no answers for you, although I wish I did.

you can always cut a training bra at the side seams and sew the front half to the inside of the leo. cut off most of the straps so they reach the front neckline of the leo, and stitch them in place. if you know how to sew, or have a friend who does, it's a 10-minute job at most

make sure you're using a serger or at least a zig zag stitch when you attach the sides of the bra to the side seam allowances of the leo. don't sew the neckline of the bra to the leo, because the stitching will be visible. instead, bar-tack the straps in place at the to of the leo

sort of like in the attached image, but i'd use a training bra instead

Attachments

• 32c54bc5359123038da7d8f95260f36c--old-bras-diy-clothes.jpg
    32c54bc5359123038da7d8f95260f36c--old-bras-diy-clothes.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 61
Have you looked what dancers wear under their costumes?? There's so many options they have now, especially a variety of style that have clear straps. I remember when I did gym & dance, there were bras that went down around the back and halter style around the neck- and you can definitely get the clear straps on these but unfortunately I don't know where from as we don't have a need yet...

And yes, the Australian based Sylvia P leos are gorgeous, I'm pretty sure I've seen there's a lot of college gymnasts in America & also at one of the comps last week or two, where the big name girls were wearing them. They make them for all age groups and and are beautiful! We mostly only buy these ones now, and they do customised competition leos for clubs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back