Parents what trick of your kid's do you love to hate?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For my sister, the answer would be 1. Anything on the beam other than walking while having a hand held if the beam is higher than YG's knees. 2. Anything on the high bar, ESPECIALLY if it involves circling the high bar or being in front support on the high bar. 3. The rope climb (any higher than 5'4" off the ground (all the taller my sister is).

For me: 1. A front flip off the top of the high bar, even if it is into a pit (fun times at open gym with YG and a L5/6 playing a game of "Top That"). 2. Full Turn on Beam. 3. Cartwheel on Beam. 4. Front Tuck dismount off Beam. 5. Split jump, tuck jump combination on Beam.

I hate the KIP!!!!!!!! (But it is getting better! :) Hopefully some day I can be that parent that makes all the new parents feel better when they are in tears over the kip. "Oh Puma Jr took FOREVER to have a nice kip, and look at her now!" Fingers crossed....lol

Some of the level 8s at our gym do a straddle back...terrifying! I fear when my DD starts learning those...
My youngest did those on level 8 too. I had to turn around every time she went on the bar... even when you know what the skill is it will always look like they are peeling off!!

Kip, she did the L4 this week. Coach gave it 7.5. When I asked about she was like Mom I did the kips they just weren't that good. Told her no worries, no meets till at least Oct :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back