WAG What would you score this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pagymmom

Proud Parent
We are trying to find the deductions in this routine and my daughter is not sure where they are. She knows she was a pikey on the giant down. This is for Level 7. What would you think the score of this should be?

not a judge or coach. Just a parent who sat through years of optionals gymnastics - hopefully a few coaches/judges will chime in. She was significantly short of the first cast handstand and seemed to be short on the second, bent arms on the giant, pikey layout dismount, landed far beyond (released early, could indicate lack of height but I don't know if that's an issue in L7). I believe the HSs are up to 0.3 each, 0.2 for the the pikey layout dismount, not sure about the height/distance of the dismount. so 9.0 maybe? video is blurry and from a different angle than what the judges see so it was hard to see if she had loose form, feet apart but I didn't see any. Also, it has been years since my d was a L7 so I am not sure but do they get deducted for not having a

Thanks for the feedback! It is my understanding in L7 that you only need one cast to hs. I think cast above 45 gets to the 10.0 SV but maybe there is still a deduction from that SV. She definitely DOES NOT have loose form or feet apart. Her form that way has always been really solid.

Yes, she met the cast requirements for 7 but all cast handstands must be vertical to not get deductions. This starts at L6 (or at least it used to). She's really close on one of them though. She will get there. Sometimes it's better to not quite hit than to risk going over for a fall.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back