What's In Your Gym Bag!?!?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

So as I narrow down to find a gym to start my trianing, it dawned on me - what should I bring with me!? I have my worout gear lined up. Going to order a leo tomorrow. But I guess lets play a game called What's In Your Gym Bag!? ... and why and where did you get them from? Clearly I am looking to get a basic bag together of things I would need and such. So tell me what's in your bag. Grips? Which ones are best in your opinion and why? so lets play - WHATS IN YOUR GYM BAG!?

Hmm... Well, I have: My leo, shorts, water bottle, I dont use grips, a snack, hairties, and scrunchies. For me, obviously a leo and shorts, but water and snacks. I always get hungry/thirsty. Then, hairties/scrunchies.

I throw everything into my normal handbag (I always make sure that my normal handbag is big enough to fit my whole life inside ;) ) and generally take with me
Leotard (sometimes 2)
Shorts
KT tape
Tiger tape
Socks and tramp shoes (not really applicable to you!)
Water
Then just normal handbag stuff, keys, money etc.

I think in the beginning you don't really need to worry about grips and stuff like that - I know in some gyms you have to 'earn' them - you get them once you learn or start learning a particular skill, like a kip. A lot of places won't even expect you to wear a Leo for the first few sessions, especially if you're an adult.

With the grip thing, I just do not like them. I also never rip.

If you are just starting, you most likely don't need grips yet. I didn't get my grips until I started working kips. Your coach should be able to tell you when you need grips.

I have all kinds of junk in my bag- including grips, used tape, pre wrap, chalk, broken pony tails and headbands, water bottles, food wrappers, probably a crushed snack from sometime, supports and braces of all kinds and other stuff like that.
As for a beginner, Id being a water bottle for sure, extra pony tails/pre wrap/headbands/bobby pins just in case and a snack if you have a long practice.
You'll add stuff as you need them, such as grips and everything that goes with them.

In my gym bag, I have LOTS of water, a small towel, Arnica (it's like a numbing gel for injuries), shorts, extra hair ties (just in case :)), athletic tape, a snack (usually something like nuts or a protien bar)and my assortment of supplies to treat rips if I get them.

Right now I have:
A water bottle
A book
Some tape
And plenty of air

You can put your grips in there, but many people leave them at the gym unless they have a competition. I get ready before I leave, so I don't have any leos.

Well im captain on a highschool team solo I have a lot of stuff
-4 competition Leo's
-2 warmup Leo's
-new grips
-old grips
-extra hair ties
- bobby pins
- headbands
-pre wrap
- hairspray
-tuff skin
- liquid bandaid
-bandaids
-extra sports bra
-briefs
-2 pairs of shorts
-warmups
-team shirts (shirt, longsleeve shirt, sweatshirt)
-sweatpants
-phone
-headphones
-wristbands for grips
-floor music
-ankle brace
-3 water bottles
-tape
-socks

That's about it . We are required to bring most of that list to every meet since we go from school. We also have a big tub of food and a cooler we bring to every meet .

To practice I bring:
  • wallet
  • phone
  • iPod
  • keys
  • glasses
  • lots of tape (like 3 rolls)
  • physio band
  • coaching skill sheets
  • water bottle
  • ice bucket
  • tank top
  • socks
  • extra hair ties
  • deodorant
  • coaching shirt (just in case I get called to sub a class)
I keep my wrist guards (tiger paws), grips, pre-wrap, and other stuff like that in my locker at the gym. I also just come dressed in my leotard (shorts and sports bras as well). I wear athletic shoes and socks to practice just in case I need them for some reason.

• water
•food
•grips
•tape
•phone
•leotard
•shorts
•some scrunchies
•jumper
•a shaver
•money

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!