WAG What's regionals like?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Soooooo......

I made my Korbut at states, and got personal bests on everything this season, with a 37.4 all around, and I made it to Region 6 Regionals!

But... I've never been to Regionals. Can some on fill me in on what it's like / how it works? The people at the meet weren't very clear. Also, do they give you a leotard to wear FOR the meet? Or AFTER the meet?

Thanks!

Also, this isn't exactly related, but right before my routine (we warmed up in front of the judges) and after, they made me wait a LONG time, like 4-5x as long as the other people, to get my score / let me begin. I suspect it had something to do with my Korbut, but can anyone offer insight? Just curious. I got a 9.175, so not a terribly low or high score??

Also, this isn't exactly related, but right before my routine (we warmed up in front of the judges) and after, they made me wait a LONG time, like 4-5x as long as the other people, to get my score / let me begin. I suspect it had something to do with my Korbut, but can anyone offer insight? Just curious. I got a 9.175, so not a terribly low or high score??

They might have been looking up the Korbut and checking it's value/that it was allowed. Since it's an unusual skill, they may have had to check the reference material since they aren't used to seeing it. It also could have been something totally unrelated to you: the scoring system was frozen, they had an inquiry to address from a previous gymnast, they had misentered a previous score and needed to correct it.

They could have been looking up the skill, but a Korbut isn't that uncommon that it would have caused too much cause for question. And if you warmed up in front of them, they could have done that before the routine. It could have been any number of things. It's never a fun position to be in, but I wouldn't assume it had something to do with your routine.
In Region 7 gymnasts get a leotard that is to be worn at the competition- girls from all states wear the same leo. But Region 7 is also just a regional invitational, so possibly a little different. Since Region 6 has state teams, I would imagine at least the girls on the state team would wear the leo during the competition.

Congrats!! Wow!!! Region 6 Xcel Regionals is super hard to make! Good for you! You'll do great :)

Reactions: sce
Congrats and have fun. You get the Leo before you go..... to wear at the meet.

And it's a meet enjoy....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back