Whats your favorite skill and level ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everybody ! I was just wondering what your or your DD's favorite skill is !
And what your favorite level was !
Thanks !

My favorite skills are back layouts and front twisting.
Also front tuck step out when i can do them (it can be a challenge without spring floors)...before my first level 5 meet i was having some trouble with them (in terms of consistency) i was scared I wouldn't be able to do it for the meet but as soon as i did one on those spring floors i was like woa that was easy and SO high. ha
I also like full or 1.5 turns on beam
and my favorite level is probably the one I'm in now, level 5.

Oh icic , your a canadian gymnast I think ontario gymnastics levels are different from BC cause BC level 5 is like you have to have a double salto tumbling line. hah.

I'm only a level 3 gymnast and that is the level my gym starts at so I don't have much voice in that area but level 6.5 looks fun ... My favorite skill so far would have to be front handspring. I love doing FHS! (I tried to do one last night before we streched and I did a butt buster! LOL)

Gymnast

I have only been in three level. 4 5 & 6 and I would have to say level 5 cause I coould do the skills and still work with the upper levels. My favorite skill would have to be Front tucks. I am working I just taking a step and FT and the weird thing is they are sometimes better than if I run. I also like working "chankos":)

My favorite level is probably the one i am in now... level 6.
My favorite skill is probably cart wheels on beam or back layouts and front tucks on floor.

Im in level five to! I love being in level five!(it is my favorite level to!)

My favorite skills are, backhandsprings n beam, and half-ons!!!!

When I was in level fur i really liked FHS to!
But now im in level five and i like backhandsprings on beam!

My favorite skill(s) are giants and monkey(toe)circles. My favorite level is pry the one I'm in now, level 7 because you get your own routines and music and you don't have to keep listening to the same boring music!!!!! lol

I have to say that my favorite level is the one I'm at ... Level 7.
My favorite skill is probably ro-bhs-full off tumble trak, or cast flyaways on bars.

From a coaching perspective, I really like level 6 for boys. And I really like level 7, with the exception of vault. From a developmental perspective, both levels have very well put-together routines with very sound progressions. There aren't any skills in the routines (except for the Yamash­ita vault at level 7) that I don't like; it's all developmentally important stuff (though I will say that the level 7 pommels routine is brutally difficult, and probably the biggest reason why many boys skip level 7 entirely -- you can put together a decent level 8 pommel horse routine that's nowhere near as hard as the level 7 routine).

On the girls side, I don't know the compulsories all that well -- my gym just does prep-op -- but I like the level 6 bar and floor routines alright.

Last edited:
I changed my mind... I just did my first giant on Thursday, and those are now officially my favorite skill! They are soooo much fun!

my favorite level is next year level 6!(right now i am level 5) I love level 6 cuz of all the dance! My favorite skill is a layout!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back