WAG When is too old?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone,
I am previous gymnast. I began late when I was 9 years old and went for about a year and a half -2 years. I went out for some recreational gymnastics, but was asked to join the competitive team that same night. I was very good at it, as i was extremely tiny, and am now only 4'9. Unfortunately I cannot remember which level I was at, though I do remember quitting just after practicing my first independent routines on all events. We used to practice almost every night. I used to win gold at basically all of my competitions. But, sadly, due to a girls elbow dislocation in front of me, fear ensued, and I quit because I was too scared to do half of the events. I am aware it has been quite a while since I have done gymnastics, as I am now 17, making it much more difficult for me to be at the level I was many years before. But as I said I am 4'9. I believe I already started late as a 9 yr old and far surpassed many of the girls at my age level who had been doing gymnastics for years. Although, I currently lack many of the flexibility and skills I had previously, I believe that I am a quick learner. I just recently contacted a local gym and will be doing some adult classes (16+) once or twice a week. I spoke with a worker, who told me that most of the people in the group are previous gymnasts also and we do all the gymnastic fundamentals; conditioning, bars, etc. I miss gymnastics so much. What I am wondering is, am too old to start competing again? Is there any chance for me, with extreme dedication and hard work, to move back into competitive gymnastics?
Thanks in advance.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back