When is your competition season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

What level are you (or your daughter) and when does she compete? It seems like I read level 6s competing in spring and optionals starting soon--I am just wondering when people are competing.

Here--our compulsories (levels 4 through 6) compete Sept through December--STate meet in December. They also go to some invitationals in January and February.

Our Optionals (Beth is a level 8) compete January through May (for levels 9 & 10)--State meet is in March this year (7s and 8s will be done then).

DD is 9 and will be competing L4. She will compete September - December (states). Then in January - March they will compete Prep-op. She will compete Rookie 2 then. Not sure when those states are, march maybe. Regionals are April 23 ( for Prep-Op)

My dd is a L7 and will compete Jan-March (state meet) in fact our whole Gym competes this same schedule with the exception of L9-10 who will compete through regionals and nationals.

Tracy

all our level go start in Jan and 7's end in March 4s and 5s end in april and other optionals end in May with regionals.

Our Provincial level girls compete from late fall-about May, depending on how far they get. It sounds like a long season, but it's not really. 1 qualifier before the new year, 2 more by March, then our Ontario Cup, followed by Championships, and Easterns. Many girls are done after the qualifiers as the qualifying scores are set fairly high.

Here the compulsories(L4-6) start in early Sept. with state meets in Dec. No spring season---they are done. Last year the 2 big in state invitationals tried offering compulsory sessions and they both failed to attract anyone except their own teams(these meets were in Jan/Feb). As far as I know none of gyms take their compulsory girls out of state to big meets.

Optionals start in Jan with states in March then regionals etc.

At our gym, the compulsaries have two seasons, the first goes from september to dec., and the second from jan. to march. The optionals have one season from september to april (states is in april), then regionals, etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back