When jealosy starts to rear its little head...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That was awesome TeamDad! Thank you so much for thinking of me and DD:blush:

Your dd is so amazing to watch--so poised and confident! Simply beautiful! What is the name of that song? It's cool!

I'm so sorry for Dani! Pixie went through a situation where this other little girl would constantly cut in front of Pixie then she would tell Pixie to stay away from her (hard to do when they are always on the same apparatus) then it esculated to this little girl pushing Pixie off the beam and jumping on to go ahead of her.

I guess my point of the story is to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand. Pixie is so shy that she would never say anything to this girl. I eventually had to go to the coach myself after pleading with Pixie over and over to say something to this girl but she never would tell her "no" or "stop". If you see it esculating I would suggest getting involved way before I did. I regret waiting as long as I did but I really wanted the girls to resolve it themselves. It all worked out anyway as the girl moved away.

I hope your situation doesn't go to this extreme. Maybe this will be the extent of it! I hope you your's and Dani's sake :)

That was awesome TeamDad! Thank you so much for thinking of me and DD:blush:

Your dd is so amazing to watch--so poised and confident! Simply beautiful! What is the name of that song? It's cool!

Sorry, i didn't mean to embarrass you. I was just thinking about your meet report from another thread and how that same kid started to make those same comments to your dd while they were competing, and how it might have affected your dd's performance for the meet. It's tough enough to get out there and be 'judged' without adding the pressure of head games from teammates. That is very poor sportsmanship IMHO. Being a poor sport or not supporting your teammates is inexcusable. This is where the girls need to learn to stick together and support one another. Oh, and the song is called Bold as Love from Jimi Hendrix.

"What really concerns me is what her friend (see previous post on jealosy has reared its little head) had said to Dani today at the meet. I need you guys' opinions on this because I am not sure if I should just let it blow over or if I need to talk to coach about it. Dani said that after her vault score flashed, her friend said to her "Wow, Dani--you did worse than last time". Then when they were at bars waiting, her friend said to Dani "I don't want any secrets between us because I know we are really good friends but I am going to beat you in All-Around today." She actually did end up coming in 2nd place AA and she won floor and beam so she had an excellent meet. But, what irritates me is the fact that she has to act so nasty to my daughter and make comments like that. I mean, I am all for competition between teammates but not when it gets nasty."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pixie--that is such an awful experience that your little one had to go through. Dani is very shy and quiet also--which makes her an easy target for bullies and kids to push her around. Dani had to deal with quite a few "bullies" at her old cheer gym and it eventually got better because I would tell Dani that she has to say something back to these kids--even if it is as simple as saying "Stop being so mean" or "You're not very nice". She is getting better at it but it still seems to follow her.

I found some really great American Girl books that deal with bullying and friendship troubles. One is called "The Smart Girl's Guide to Friendship Troubles" and "Stand Up For Yourself and Your Friends"--great for ages 8 and up.

I am sorry that your dd had to go through that and thanks for the sympathy for my dd. Hopefully this gets better and coach gives them a good talk about this. Tuesday's practice was cancelled because of snow so their next practice is tomorrow. We'll see is they all can learn something from all of this.

Last edited:
Sorry, i didn't mean to embarrass you. I was just thinking about your meet report and how that same kid started to make those comments before your dd started competing and how it might have affected her performance for the meet. I was thinking about what dd would do if it were to happen her. It tough enough to get out there and be 'judged' without adding the pressure of head games from teammates. Oh, and the song is called Bold as Love from Jimi Hendrix.

No worries TeamDad!! That was really awesome! In hindsight, I think Dani did awesome throughout the rest of the meet and held her composure--she is a tough little cookie! Thanks for the song title!!

i just watched Dani's video. She's awesome!!! Believe me, the podium time is coming. Tell her great job from us bucketheads

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back