WAG When to see a doctor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know there are many threads similar to this, but I haven't really heard if my situation before. For many years, I would occasionally get a sharp pain in the middle of my foot. This happened once every year or so, and the pain went away very quickly. I've always ignored it because of how rare it was, but now it came back and is far more common. The pain is the same, but it happens a couple of times per practice. I'm not sure if I should see a doctor about this because of how short the pain is and how little it affects my gymnastics, but I'm a little worried because it's becoming more common and the pain lasts a little longer. Should I see a doctor about this or ignore it?

Maybe read about a Mormons neuroma. If it sounds like your pain and is the right location, then i would see a podiatrist bc they can help with an injection. If that doesn't sound like it, you can start with your pcp or sports med instead.

Center of the bottom of the foot? There's a tendon that runs right down the middle and if it gets strained it can be painful. It often feels like a sharp pain and comes and goes. I'd get it checked out if you're asking the question.

I've felt what I described above and I believe it's called Plantar Fasciitis.

Thanks guys. I think I'll try to see a doctor about it. My parents are going to be very confused when I tell them about this. I'm usually the kid that tries to convince them that everything is fine. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back